Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Nights: Irish Quake Live Night!

Options
  • 31-03-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

Every Tuesday night, starting from tonight, is Irish Quake Live night, from 8pm.

Who: Irish players (new and old), players living in Ireland, players with Irish grandmothers, players who once drank Murphys while on holiday in Cork... all skill levels welcome.

Where: Meet in #quakelive.ie on IRC (or add Jamasdf as a friend on QuakeLive)

What: Irish Quake community convenes for some friendly games - game type TBD.

Why: Bit of a headcount/jump-start of the Irish QuakeLive scene, lots more to come if we see a bit of activity. LANs, Irish team in Nations Cup, tournaments, etc. & should be good fun.

When: Tonight, and every Tuesday night. 8pm+

How: Quake Live is open Beta now, probably 200meg download, so just sign up (get some random username because all the good ones are taken). Go to IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/ join #quakelive.ie

I hope to see, among others:

The n8z: Dardoz, Rapp, Jedi (you there Tom???), Pyro?
    The FH/GT guys: Nex, Vinnit, Hotice? Grand_Izer? Jamasdf (me, ya I know i was never in GT)
    Lithuanian dreamteam: saDas, CBS, anyone else?
    Kurwas: Marcel, Deliasz? rzelky? bch? There must be a few more Polish Quake guys around?
    The v3 lads... Tempest? apx4you? otherguy? Can somebody get in contact with these lads?
    Wyrag? kRoNic? Sabre0001? Gimpylung? c0rn? Jazzy? emsixteen? Sk!a? Ylan? Anyone else? NAG? Antonio_banderas?

Any other oldschoolers that might be temped? dest? Guinnessman? Mindphuck? Should definitely give it a bash, it is very easy to get into.

Any other new players around? There used to be a stats page that allowed us to track players based in Ireland, but that's not there at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Sounds good will set it up. Cant do it tonight though.

Is this quakelive better than Mquake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

QuakeLive is the new version of Quake 3, kind of in a web browser, it's really good. If it's QuakeWorld, you need to get EZQuake or nQuake, which is better than MQuake (an outdated client). There is a QW ClanArena server up at geeky.cc:27510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Ah Cool thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I just got this game sorted out the other night. The new weapons are intresting. But given the list of names in this thread who would be playing im not sure I should bother I wouldent get a look in. I had games against Dardoz and mindphuck way back when, they dident last too long as you can imagine.
    Still I recomend quake live to any who used to play it back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

@ Illkillya, did you play in WWH, Nethouse, IE etc back in the day in Cork?

I'll download this alright, was meaning to but wanted to wait first in case it was crap.
    Getting back into UT3 atm, in the catch-22 situation of getting the 9-5 straight out of college, bought the bad ass gaming rig but now have little time to play;)

• Advertisement

I just got this game sorted out the other night. The new weapons are intresting. But given the list of names in this thread who would be playing im not sure I should bother I wouldent get a look in. I had games against Dardoz and mindphuck way back when, they dident last too long as you can imagine.
    Still I recomend quake live to any who used to play it back in the day.

Go for it Spooky, the names were just a bunch of people that I knew were around/had the games installed, it is hard to tell because you can no longer list all Irish players from stats, but there are a good few players of all skill levels, and we will surely be able to make fair teams if we fill up a server. There is a good mixture of Irish players now from all level of experience.

Had some OK games last night, it is very frustrating how you can't get a private server, or can't lock teams, so TDM is kind of out of the question right now. Was good to see a few of the new players though. Esports.ie will definitely be doing a 1on1 cup one of these nights soon, easier to organise since the two players should be able to find a 1on1 server no hassle.

thefloss wrote: »
    @ Illkillya, did you play in WWH, Nethouse, IE etc back in the day in Cork?

I'll download this alright, was meaning to but wanted to wait first in case it was crap.
    Getting back into UT3 atm, in the catch-22 situation of getting the 9-5 straight out of college, bought the bad ass gaming rig but now have little time to play;)

Ya I played a bit in WWH in 2000, and in IE a couple of times (mainly remember that night when m1rv got banned). Was in some of the Nethouses in Dublin but I don't think I ever played in Nethouse Cork... What name did you use?

Never played UT3 but I did play a bit of UT2K4 online, was a good game. Hold onto that 9-5 because I'd say a lot of your classmates will be stuck home with their gaming rigs all day long and you'll be better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Illkillya wrote: »
    Ya I played a bit in WWH in 2000, and in IE a couple of times (mainly remember that night when m1rv got banned). Was in some of the Nethouses in Dublin but I don't think I ever played in Nethouse Cork... What name did you use?

Never played UT3 but I did play a bit of UT2K4 online, was a good game. Hold onto that 9-5 because I'd say a lot of your classmates will be stuck home with their gaming rigs all day long and you'll be better off.

Haha yeah, keeps me in the beer tokens so I can't complain.

I'd say I'd have started going into WWH around then too alright, and mainly there a lot up until LC ended in 03/04 and I started college. Played under 'Klovis' mostly.
    WWH and IE are still going, Nethouse is gone, but all the cool kids are up in Area51 these days. It's too small, loud and smelly for my liking. To be fair WWH was class cos it was huge and airy! I miss those big Phillips CRT's lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Soz jim, Id say Wed's is the only guaranteed night i can play it. All other nites is when i come home from work and off before 8ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gimpylung

I'll join in when I'm about, posted on quake.ie too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Aight, tempest here,

You can pretty much garantee myself, apxyou, and av0ka (my bro) will be working tuesday night, most other nights are grand do.

Btw other irish players add me on ql, username = Tempest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Couple of the TiG lads will try and make a show. Most of us are crap though, so apologies in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Lo peeps, long time no see.

I think its been about 7 years since i last played, (the last time i had decent connection)
    But ive been completely hooked on quake live since it went open beta,
    the last few weeks. Q3 with no lag? never thought id see the day.

Whats the craic, any of the old peeps still about? still playing?

Had a little look around the q.ie site for a few mins, recognsed about 3 names
    your all playing qw? was q4 that bad? (havnd played it yet but i hear
    its a pile of donkey testicles)

Any of the owl clans still going?

really likein ql sept for the obvious retard changes in it. If you havnd played it yet
    shaft takes the ENTIRE GAME to kill some1 with and you can rail some1 4
    times and still have them machine gun you to death...nice

anyways ill be there tuesday nite, but be warned im terrible rusty at it

(Posted on q.ie aswell)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

just a bump to remind all you lads. Tonight from 8pm till late.

For anyone who cant get on at 8, don't worry. We played from about 8-10 last week. With the buddy system it is easy to spot us on a server... unless you have no buddies :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Eh...can I join in a game. Im Pritty new to this but i have been playing quakelive a bit since it started. username : Firefox10

You can pretty much garantee myself, apxyou, and av0ka (my bro) will be working tuesday night, most other nights are grand do.

Dardoz, re scheduling, if you could touch base with Jedi et al to drill-down on their availability that would be greaaat. I'll catch up with you off-line and get up to speed on the developments. I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask the rest of you to go ahead and propose some suitable times with a view to maximising our potential vis-a-vis players' availability. Going forward we can establish an optimal fixed time. Due to the dynamic player limit on servers and the lack of passwords, we will find ourselves challenged by a new paradigm wrt the organisation personnel and the deployment of resources. If I could just go ahead and ask you all to start idling in #quakelive.ie that would be greaaat.

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Eh...can I join in a game. Im Pritty new to this but i have been playing quakelive a bit since it started. username : Firefox10

Would be good to see you there this evening, nothing formal as yet, last week was more of a community roll-call and a "getting to know you" through the medium of Clan Arena. Anyone who is around this evening might drop by our Teamspeak server (details of which will be provided on IRC). Refreshments will be provided by Mr. N. Donnery.

Seems to be a good few players around the place, and Esports.ie will soon be running a deathly serious Irish Quake Live 1v1 tournament, so lets take this opportunity get the "fun" out of the way, before we fabricate some grudges and start to hate each other again.

havok* wrote: »
    Had a little look around the q.ie site for a few mins, recognsed about 3 names
    your all playing qw? was q4 that bad? (havnd played it yet but i hear
    its a pile of donkey testicles)

Any of the owl clans still going?

Within Ireland, Quake 4 flopped; we got about one season out of it. A couple of Irish clans that soon packed it in (including FH). No Irish clans currently active in Quake Live, but I expect that could change as soon as there are private servers available or the ability to lock teams. I think it is time to drag Sico out of retirement and reform <LSD>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Townlad

oh ya .oink oink

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Once again, Myself apxyou and Av0ka wont make it tonight,

we work tuesday, Every tuesday, for the rest of our lives :(

• Advertisement

We won't be doing Tuesdays after tonight, will move to a diff day that suits people better. Maybe Wednesdays, but that's not the best either with Champs League, so possibly Thursdays... what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IRCOW

HAI, parry here i will play if i can be assed fo sho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ill play

jazzy sign up for IQLOOOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Locks83

Played quake 3 for years, rocket arena 3 mod. Moved from the states to dublin receently. Now playing quake live. Name is LOCKS or Rorscach -- Rorscach is my competitive name. Is there a big quake scene here? rarely see any irish guys in matches.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

just got quake live on the go there, on there as "executivesteve" so hit me up.. how do i find all the irish heads on there?

used to play a load of QW back in the day, recognise many a name in this thread anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im soooooooooooo in! Send a message on boards if theres something going on as i completely forgot about the quake forum ^^

/leaves to the sound of keyboard cat

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

We got a server for board dudes?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Nemesis wrote: »
    We got a server for board dudes?

Sorry Nemesis, No actually server as they are all generated by QL so they are all public. Best hope is to find an empty one and every one piles in. No irish servers either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Hav'nd been able to play much the last month, been up to my eyes in college projects. Have four months off now:D Is there any night ppl are meeting up on?

Advertisement