Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Professional passport photo (not from chemists/booth) - Dublin

• 31-03-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi everyone!
    Where in Dublin I can get a good quality passport photo? I'm from Poland and I need it for Polish new passport (the policy in Poland is very strict about pictures for new chip passports). I'd like to find a good proffessional photographer that can manage to take a picture in the way as it should be. It can't be taken in chemist or booth, because there is always a shadow behind or face is shining, or it doesn't match requested size.
    Anyone can advise some good portrait photographer in Dublin City?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Did you already ask the Polish Embassy in Dublin? Otherwise they might know a studio even near the embassy that has experience with pictures for passports. I know there is one near the german embassy but don't know the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I'm very surprised that Poland has some special rules, which are different from everywhere else. Anyone who gets a biometric passport in Ireland needs a certain standard of picture too.

Perhaps it's a policy in Poland, to try and make their citizens look more pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

There's a little print shop on lower baggot street that did mine. They had all the guidelines for different countries set in the camera. So, all he did for me was select "Cananda" from the list. He was also very careful of making sure the flash was accurate with no reflections. I figured it would be the same for most places that do them?

If baggot street is handy for you - if you're heading south, it's on the left habd side just past the spar. Cost a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

eas wrote: »
    So, all he did for me was select "Cananda" from the list.

I wouldn't have thought they get many Canandians in there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

dang, that's what happens when I try and type and club seals at the same time.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

actually there are very special rules regarding passport photographs - photographers should maybe take a look at the criteria these days.
    I did my own and my son's, using no flash worked out best my son had to have a special one done for a US visa and if there's anything wrong with it, they'll generally reject it, which causes all sorts of hassle. Also did one for the grandson - at the time he looked like Winston Churchill!!! minus the cigar!
    Look at the photographic requirements for your particular country and see what they want. i made a photoshop template at one stage for the irish requirements couldn't find it tho! when i looked it must have been on another computer.
    :)

Advertisement