Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional passport photo (not from chemist/booth) - Dublin

Options
  • 31-03-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi everyone!
    Where in Dublin I can get a good quality passport photo? I'm from Poland and I need it for Polish new passport (the policy in Poland is very strict about pictures for new chip passports). I'd like to find a good proffessional photographer that can manage to take a picture in the way as it should be. It can't be taken in chemist or booth, because there is always a shadow behind or face is shining, or it doesn't match requested size.
    Anyone can advise some good portrait photographer in Dublin City?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel & Holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

There are a few portrait photographers around the town,One I know is on dorset street at the corner of NCR, and the other is on the bottom of SCR just before it becomes harrigton street,I'm sure one of them would oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dubtom wrote: »
    There are a few portrait photographers around the town,One I know is on dorset street at the corner of NCR, and the other is on the bottom of SCR just before it becomes harrigton street,I'm sure one of them would oblige.

As the poster is from Poland it might be appropriate to explain (no offence dubtom :)).

NCR = North Circular Road

SCR = South Circular Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

There is a photgraphy shop on Dawson St where they regularly take pictures for passports as they are just around the corner from the Irish passport office so I would say they are well qualified. Don't know what the name of it is but it's towards the south end of the street - towards St Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Conn's Camera's on Clarendon Street (which is just behind Brown Thomas) can do passport photos. I was there recently looking for an unusual sized photo for a visa and it was no problem. Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Przemyslaw

As the poster is from Poland it might be appropriate to explain (no offence dubtom :)).

NCR = North Circular Road

SCR = South Circular Road

Thx, I know what is NCR/SRC, used to live next to one of these. ;)

Thx everyone for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I've just had photos taken here:

http://www.whoseview.ie/business/Fujifilm-Dundrum-Dublin-130886.html;jsessionid=FE59B3A815BE37E8B93E0098CC2F5711

Friendly and very fast service.
    Good quality prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Przemyslaw wrote: »
    Thx, I know what is NCR/SRC, used to live next to one of these. ;)

Thx everyone for reply.

Embarrassing.....I didn't know what the acronyms meant and I'm a native Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Embarrassing.....I didn't know what the acronyms meant and I'm a native Dub.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement