Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cert of Compliance

• 31-03-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hello

Perhaps somebody can help me.

I am going to begin building in a few months. The house is not a standard build, it uses strawbales, timberframe and hempcrete.

Can you tell me whether we need to use an eingineer or an architect to issue a cert of compliance?

I think it would be handiest to use the architect who drew up the plans, but he is now saying that he doesnt have experience with this type of build so I im unsure.

Any advice would be appreciated as I dont know anything about this element of the build.

Any engineers/arch's in the kildare/wicklow area interested in working on the project feel free to pm me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

Hello

Perhaps somebody can help me.

I am going to begin building in a few months. The house is not a standard build, it uses strawbales, timberframe and hempcrete.

Can you tell me whether we need to use an eingineer or an architect to issue a cert of compliance?

I think it would be handiest to use the architect who drew up the plans, but he is now saying that he doesnt have experience with this type of build so I im unsure.

Any advice would be appreciated as I dont know anything about this element of the build.

Any engineers/arch's in the kildare/wicklow area interested in working on the project feel free to pm me.

You need to ensure that you're Architect/ Engineer is familiar with that form of construction. Do a straw build have and Irish Agreement Certificate? Can anyone safely certify it??

Advertisement