Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitesurfing info

Options
  • 31-03-2009 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a kite surfing holiday for my partner's birthday. :D

So I was wondering does anyone know any good spots to go in europe. I have heard that Portugal and Spain are good. I have read up on the place Tarifa. Has anyone been there. How was it, how did you get there etc??

Basically I want to try and find somewhere that is accessible by ryan air or some other cheap flight airline.
    Any help you can give me would be much appreciated ;)

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Does ryanair fly to dollymount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pogon

ok...thanks for the sarcasm! I dont want to do it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it depends on his level,

Tarifa is good but does get busy and has restrictions in the summer.

Egypt is great, and theres soem good deals out there.

Tenerife is good but not ideal for beginners.

Portugal has some good locations.

Greece is good particuarily naxos and paros.

Sardinia is meant to be good

all these places have winds at different times of the year, so its worth checking out the local conditions around the time of year your planning on going.

check out www.kitesurfing.ie or www.kitebeaches.com

Don't knock Dollymount!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

A few friends were in Lagos (beginners) and had a great time.

Dollymount was a serious suggestion, badly phrased, but serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pogon

Thanks so much. I wasn't knocking Dollymouth but would just really like to go abroad because that way I get few days in the sun as well! Plus some of the places i have been looking at in Ireland are insanely expensive...I know id have my flights and accommodation to worry about but feel it would be worth it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Due to irelands climate there's a great argument in getting lessons here:

1. Our wind is much different than most other countries. Therefore the instructor can instruct on local conditions. And advise what type conditions to look out for.

2. The instructors will always be on the beach and will keep an eye on and assist former students. This offering post lessons support.

3. They will be best advised on the gear to buy that best suits our climate.

4. They'll meet irish kiters who'll help them out along the way.
    5. And so on.

Advertisement