Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Boots

• 31-03-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭

I play both GAA and Soccer. I have to wear custom made insoles in my football boots,
    Can anyone recommend a pair of boots that are comfortable and wide fitting that will fit the insoles but also wont make my heel come over the back of the boot???
    What do people thin of the new puma kings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Prefer the old Kings myself by a long way but the new ones will probably be the best for what you're looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

yeah i think the old kings were class too... really comfy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Used to get this all the time in the sports shop. We used to recommend either Kings (old) or Nike Zoom Air boots. The zoom air one more so.

Most zoom air boots have the air pad in the insole and are removable. Take out the za insole and put in your own and the boot should be a perfect fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I play with the total 90s at the minute i think they are called (the black and white ones) but dont really like them at all. Theres far to much plastic on them when your playing and you dont really get that "touch" for the ball.There just have wierd material.

Before them I had the nike zoom air ones (i think) Ronaldinho wore them in that add where he repeatedly hits the crossbar. This boot is the most comfortable i ever had and really gives you a feel for the ball when your playing aswell.

My advice is just to avoid any boots with wierd plastic sort of material. As ones with softer material fall into the shape of your foot better. The Puma Kings/Nike zoom air ones are the best bet imo.

The f50s or whatever their called from adidas are the narrowest boot I ever used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Adidas World Cups.

end thread/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

CoachBoone wrote: »
    Adidas World Cups.

end thread/

While they are without a doubt the best boots going (along with the Copas), they are too narrow for the OP's needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I have orthotics too and it looks like i shall be going for the predator rugby in hard ground.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-001-118&DEPT=2&BRAND=0&SS=1&GROUP=NEW

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Morf wrote: »
    I have orthotics too and it looks like i shall be going for the predator rugby in hard ground.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-001-118&DEPT=2&BRAND=0&SS=1&GROUP=NEW

They preds are a nice fit and very comfy aswell.

Advertisement