Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting existing phone to UPC

Options
  • 31-03-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,
    I'm nth Dublin city and thinking of changing over to UPC. I want to use existing analogue phone as it has keyswitch to disable mobile numbers being dialed out - essential in our house during the day..sadly!
    I've asked UPC but can't get definite answer. I realise they supply a wireless handset, but does their terminating "box" have standard phone socket which I can connect to?
    Thanks in advance

Sorry, should have posted in comms:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Morrismurf wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm nth Dublin city and thinking of changing over to UPC. I want to use existing analogue phone as it has keyswitch to disable mobile numbers being dialed out - essential in our house during the day..sadly!
    I've asked UPC but can't get definite answer. I realise they supply a wireless handset, but does their terminating "box" have standard phone socket which I can connect to?
    Thanks in advance

Sorry, should have posted in comms:(

You connect through a cable modem and yes it has a regular phone socket in it.

You can use a normal phone with a digital dial pad not one of those old things from the 60s.

Advertisement