Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting existing phone to UPC

Options
  • 31-03-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,
    I'm nth Dublin city and thinking of changing over to UPC. I want to use existing analogue phone as it has keyswitch to disable mobile numbers being dialed out - essential in our house during the day..sadly!
    I've asked UPC but can't get definite answer. I realise they supply a wireless handset, but does their terminating "box" have standard phone socket which I can connect to?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Morrismurf wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm nth Dublin city and thinking of changing over to UPC. I want to use existing analogue phone as it has keyswitch to disable mobile numbers being dialed out - essential in our house during the day..sadly!
    I've asked UPC but can't get definite answer. I realise they supply a wireless handset, but does their terminating "box" have standard phone socket which I can connect to?
    Thanks in advance

You get a modem which has a normal phone socket.

Any phone will do once it has a digital dial pad not one of those old dial wheels from the 60s:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Morrismurf

Thanks for that. I expect UPC will drop the modem where their cable comes in so muggins will have to cable on to where I want the phone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Thanks for that. I expect UPC will drop the modem where their cable comes in so muggins will have to cable on to where I want the phone!

You get a free cordless phone from UPC which you can either use or bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Not necessarily. If you have an "extension" loop inside your house, you can get them to install the cable modem near a phone connection, then just run a lead from your cable modem to that phone point, and the modem will now operate you entire extension.

Just MAKE SURE you disconnect your old landline COMPLETELY from the extension before you connect your modem in.

Advertisement