Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something going on with landlord not sure what

Options
  • 31-03-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if this sounds like he's selling or if he's defaulted on mortgage or something.
    We are halfway through a year lease and always pay the rent in full and on time and have never bothered him with anything.

He called around last week and said how do we reference the payment on the standing order. Told him its by the address (so no ambiguity there) but surely he'd know that??
    Also asked can he call in to do a energy check, I assume this is a BER later in the week.

I thought a BER is only needed if you are putting the porperty on the market for renting or selling, but I could be wrong. Or maybe he's just being efficient and pre-empting that we may leave in 6 months time and being prepared. I'm not sure but I'd appreciate anyone's educated guess as to whats going on without asking him.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

just follow him around until you know every detail of his existence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

BER has do be done if you are renting yes. But he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

?? Elstuntman Thanks for your interest, but I think that went way over my head ??

Just looking for a landlord/renters opinion who would be wiser than me on these sort of requests. Not interested in following him, just care that he might be in trouble and need/want to want to sell our home.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

Sesame wrote: »
    ?? Elstuntman Thanks for your interest, but I think that went way over my head ??

Just looking for a landlord/renters opinion who would be wiser than me on these sort of requests. Not interested in following him, just care that he might be in trouble and need/want to want to sell our home.

Hi There,

i am working in a rental agency, we have written to and advised all of our landlord clients to obtain a BER certificates. most of them have tenants in situ however they are still getting the Certs done now. also alot of them own a couple of properties and can be a bit clueless about the money going in (i.e. coming back 6 months after the tenants have moved out to say they were 20e short in the third month) so take to notice of him asking what the reference is. i wouldn't worry about it. even if he is selling up it will take a while for the estate agent/legals to be sorted out and even then you are entitled to your notice under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

just follow him around until you know every detail of his existence
    Behave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement