Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lime spreading

• 31-03-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Was intending to spread grassland with lime.

I am close to border so priced it north and south in the north it is about £20 supplied and spread but was 17euro plus delivery in the south.
    Is there and difference in the quality or strength of lime.
    Does it matter if slurry is to be also spread soon also would like your opinion on the matter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I recently paid €17 per tonne delivered. To get it spread would cost an extra €4 to €5 per tonne, if I could get them to do it. I spread myself with a muckspreader, which worked a treat, but you can't overfill it and you'd need to have your forward speed above 10Km/hr.

Advertisement