Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZedPM

• 31-03-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

What would happen if I started to smash up a ZedPM with a sledge, would it jump crumble away or blow up the solar system??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

somuj wrote: »
    What would happen if I started to smash up a ZedPM with a sledge, would it jump crumble away or blow up the solar system??:confused:

The head of the sledgehammer would never actually hit the ZPM. The time and gravitational effects caused by the quantuum singularity at the core of the ZPM would mean that the sledgehammer would get closer and infinitely closer to the XPM but not actually touch it.
    Either that or it would bust the whole thing open and there would be plastic and batteries and LEDs all over the place. And the propmaster would be p1ssed!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The head of the sledgehammer would never actually hit the ZPM. The time and gravitational effects caused by the quantuum singularity at the core of the ZPM would mean that the sledgehammer would get closer and infinitely closer to the XPM but not actually touch it

So basically a ZPM is kinda like MC Hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So basically a ZPM is kinda like MC Hammer.

Well obviously there is some kind of spacetime distortion going on in that video...... I mean, check out those pants!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well obviously there is some kind of spacetime distortion going on in that video...... I mean, check out those pants!!!!!
    I think the only distortion is in MC Hammers head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

So the Ancients built the ZPM's, in Atlantis. How come they never found the ZPM making lab, or references in the Ancient's database on how to make ZPM's. One would figure once they had the means to manufacture them, life'd be a lot easier on Atlantis, and on Earth?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because stargate atlantis sucks, that's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

ned78 wrote: »
    So the Ancients built the ZPM's, in Atlantis. How come they never found the ZPM making lab, or references in the Ancient's database on how to make ZPM's. One would figure once they had the means to manufacture them, life'd be a lot easier on Atlantis, and on Earth?

because no more stargate if they had their own ZedPM factory. oh look we got unlimited power. we rule the universe now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,628 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Would something that run on batteries produce batteries? And who says they were made in Atlantis?

ZPMs are one of those few rare things that are still looked on as Ancienty - frankly I'd rather not have them find the Ancient Radio Shack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, okay, the ZPMs are powerful enough, but to dial Pegasus they needed a ZPM, to dial the Asgards originally they also needed ZPM power levels - but O'Neill made a power source from a poxy Goa'uld staff weapon power supply! Okay, not the longevity of the ZPM, but you know what I'm saying, either the ZPM's a holy grail, or it's not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In fairness, he did have the entire collective knowledge of the Ancients in his brain. I'm sure he could jury rig a zpm that works for a few minutes without much hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement