Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51

• 31-03-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I have just got a new e51 and have connected it to the bluetooth nokia CK-7W carkit. I can take calls through the bluetooth but it wont ring through the bluetooth and any other phones will ring through it.

Anyone any ideas

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Are you saying you can't make outgoing calls using bluetooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you mean that when you have an incmong calls that the phone rings instead of the bluetooth?

Or if you mean what MarkR is asking have a look at activating remote SIM features (I can't remember exactly what it's called) in your settings - may or may not help. It lets a bluetooth use your phonebook in some cases but not sure exactly in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

Yea sorry thats what I meant only phone is ringing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Damien360

This happens on the parrot kit also. If phone is on silent it will not ring and you will miss the call.

The possible fix random is on about is in : tools, settings, connection, bluetooth, remote sim (on). According to the E51 help, this allows a car kit to use SIM card in your phone to connect to the network. Can't see how this will work but it is worth a try. Have'nt had a chance to try it on wifes car. I notice E51 is seen as headphone attachment rather than a car kit enhancement for Nokia kit and parrot kit so that may be the crux of the problem. Not sure how to resolve this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

Thanks for the replies,i turned the remote sim on and seems to have done the job.I went into enhancment settings on my phone and it has wired car kit or wireless car kit you could try that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Carkit wont be able to read your phone book either so you will have to mark all and send as business card via bluetooth to the carkit. That is if you have a parrot. Not to sure about the nokia carkits...haven't tried.

Advertisement