Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Retreat?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Probably aimed more at those who give readings, do medium work etc but i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a weekend retreat?

Nothing heavy just grab a place (I have one in mind) for a friday and saturday night. We can get in and cook dinner and eat together, have some talks, some workshops etc. I have a good idea of what I'd like and wonder if its anything others would be interested in?

The place I have in mind would sleep plenty and have everything we need. Also its not far from Dublin and easy to get too.

Would you be interested in a weekend retreat? 4 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Nevyn6thkshielSinall 4 votes
    Maybe
    0%

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cracking idea 6th. Doubt Id get to it given all the other things Ive signed up for this year, but should be brill.

What would you be doing in the workshops, who would you get to talk, etc?

Oh, and whats your cooking like, anyway???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

No
    Its just a fledgling idea at the moment but would take little work.

Workshops etc would be the product of those coming along. Obviously I can get people in but I like the idea of everyone sharing their ideas and experiences.

As for my cooking? Good traditional food, though I'd need help if I had to accommodate vegetarians :D

I've had great times hooking up with people for paranormal gatherings and the development circle is great. I've just like to mix a bit more with people from the spiritual side of things, there are so many cool people on this forum alone that I'd like to meet and learn from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

No
    Excellent Idea 6th. It would be good to have a few (depending on your numbers) running the groups/workshops guiding the whole expereince along. Cooking, let everyone muck in, its all part of the experience lol...

Money is tight for alot these days, knowing you only are starting the idea out, let me know whats/when's/where's and the how much when you know.

We need more of these sort of things happening on a better budget in this country.

No
    kshiel wrote: »
    Excellent Idea 6th. It would be good to have a few (depending on your numbers) running the groups/workshops guiding the whole expereince along.

Lord yes, there is no way I'd be doing this on my won!
    Cooking, let everyone muck in, its all part of the experience lol...

I think it would be a big part of it :D

Money is tight for alot these days, knowing you only are starting the idea out, let me know whats/when's/where's and the how much when you know.

We need more of these sort of things happening on a better budget in this country.

When I know, you'll know ;)

Budget is a big part of this. I know there are loads of things I'd do if I had the money or time to jet off to other countries, I just think maybe we're better off doing our own thing here.

No
    Anyway folks, even though I specified in the OP that it was for people involved in the area I do plan on tailoring these to suit the people who are interest. All level of experience are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No
    I would be intrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Funny i got an email the other day asking if I would organise a holistic retreat so would be interested in hooking up to see what you have in mind would have a good few people

No
    Excellent, I've a great spot 99% sorted which can sleep 30+ if its more than 1 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

No
    I would also be interested!

No
    We're having an investigation there on the 9th May if your interested and the retreats should be following on after that in a month.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055547300

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    I am toying with the idea of getting a retreat going. What we are looking at is a place in clare. The proposed plan would be

Day 1
    10.00 Meditation and some mediumship
    1.00 lunch
    2.30 Swim with wild dolphin assuming she is around lol (you can see pictures of her on my website www.graagussolas.com)
    5.00 Healing share
    8.00 Dinner and evening entertainment music etc

Day 2
    10:00 Meditation
    11.00 Drumming session
    1.00 Lunch
    2.30 Healing art
    4.30-5 finish

The initial costing very rough on it is looking at about about 200 for SUI members 220 non members per person all in including food accomodation and the classes. The only problem is saturdays are hard to get so proposal for mid week maybe sunday night arrival monday and tuesday retreat. Any ideas, would people be interested in this?

poster wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am toying with the idea of getting a retreat going. What we are looking at is a place in clare. The proposed plan would be

Day 1
    1.00 lunch
    2.30 Swim with wild dolphin assuming she is around lol (you can see pictures of her on my website www.graagussolas.com)
    5.00 Healing share
    8.00 Dinner and what ever followed

Day 2
    11.00 Drumming session
    1.00 Lunch
    2.30 Healing art
    4.30-5 finish

The initial costing on it is look at about 250 for SUI members 270 non members per person all in including food accomodation and the classes. The only problem is saturdays are hard to get so proposal for wednesday night arrival thursday friday retreat. Any ideas, would people be interested in this?
    Sounds lovely. Provisionally interested, but depends on dates etc.
    Saturdays never suit me anyway. Was Thurs/Fri chosen arbitrarily or is it the only other time they can give you?

Thoughts: Id do an earlier start. :) I like meditation in the mornings.
    8.00 Dinner and what ever followed
    It may be just my mind... but that sounds so suss. :p

lol I will reword that peice for those with over working imaginations lol. I meant music sing song etc. Anything else up to you and whoever lol.

Looking at it it may be arrive sunday and monday tuesday retreat it all depends on numbers and this will allow us to get the best deal. Ideally I would like to have at least 20 people

poster wrote: »
    lol I will reword that peice for those with over working imaginations lol. I meant music sing song etc. Anything else up to you and whoever lol.
    Ill keep all communion with spirit. ;)
    Looking at it it may be arrive sunday and monday tuesday retreat it all depends on numbers and this will allow us to get the best deal. Ideally I would like to have at least 20 people
    Keep us posted. :) Sunday to tuesday suits me better, but dont do nowt on my account in case I cant go.

Right it is sorted Spiritual retreat 19/20/21 July 2009 Spanish Point Co Clare.

Arrive Sunday 19th

Monday
    8.00 Breakfast
    1.00 lunch
    2.30 Swim/play with wild dolphin assuming she is around lol (you can see pictures of her on my website [URL="[URL]http://www.graagussolas.com"]www.graagussolas.com[/URL[/URL]])
    5.00 Healing share
    8.00 Dinner and evening entertainment music etc

Tuesday
    8.00 Breakfast
    11.00 Dream Analysis
    1.00 Lunch
    2.30 Healing art
    4.30-5 finish

The hotel is right beside the beach good for walks or even sandcastles. The cost is €210 for SUI members €230 non members per person all in including food accomodation and the classes. Email president@spiritualistunion.com if you are interested. This is based on shared twin rooms, single suppliment €30 per person per night. €50 non refundable deposit to secure booking, limited places

Im ruled out straight away...:) Going to UK the following Saturday so my brownie points are used up. Good luck anyhow, it sounds wonderful.

sure bring the other half too lol

Advertisement