Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPA - STRIVE Call Outs 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fausto Miño

This call is only for the attention of supervisors, no? Who will then advertise for a phd student? Although the time frame appears short as they want to start it in september, october, presumably once the supervisors have been awarded it they will advertise in june/july, which is very little time

ya quiero un Phd....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Hey I'm just posting what I saw on the website, just information like 'IRCSET has launched it's 1st call outs there, maybe it might be time to get your research topic sorted out' kind of post. Maybe it's up to the supervisor and maybe the time frame does seem short (some people might start their PhD's in January possibly), I don't know I'm not in the EPA. But possibly, people looking for funding for their PhD won't be solely dependent on their supervisor keeping their ear to the ground. All that aside, the EPA has launched the call outs, even if it's not up to the student to investigate it, it couldn't do any harm now could it? And if it is up to the supervisor to make the application, inform them of the call outs, closing dates, etc...

Advertisement