Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heuston Station Rail Yard - Urban Exploration

• 31-03-2009 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Her is a few pictures from an explore to Heuston Station Railway Yard last year.

heuston10.jpg

heuston11.jpg

heuston13.jpg

heuston15.jpg

heuston20.jpg

heuston22.jpg

heuston26.jpg

heuston35.jpg

heuston36.jpg

heuston37.jpg

heuston45.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my pics, was risky getting them but well worth it. it was a nice day.

www.barelythereireland.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

Thanks for posting them,brings back memories of my time in Kent Station.
    I found this class site about old lines in Munster
    http://photosbyfred.fotopic.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Irelandseye2010

Nice altho i would not be interested in trains themselves just the enginerring that goes into them and the tunnels. I have pictures of the Phoenix park tunnel also which was pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

It looks a bit too bright in the outdoor shots, I'm guessing you went midday? Try go a bit earlier in the day for some nicer light :)

well i thought the light mad eit great for the rust on the train's, i thought they were great pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I heard there's a public open day at the Inchicore yard once a year. That would be an interesting place to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MC Mark

Some great pics there although I think I prefer his pictures of landscapes.Mechanical items are not as interesting to me.

Well i dont usually photography trains just that we infiltrated the yard to do so mad eit worth while hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Well i dont usually photography trains just that we infiltrated the yard to do so mad eit worth while hahaha

How did you manage to get into the yard? How did you not get thrown out?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I was there the other day, going back at the weekend :)
    its class

34B4918AB9D442198C85D01FABEBF234-800.jpg

Well basically you walk down the side road where the car park is and you just keep walking until you see the yard, and if you walk up the side road to platform 9 or 10 i think you can enter the phoenix Park Railway Tunnel. Here is pictures of the tunnel when we were there.

http://www.barelythereireland.com/Phoenixparktunnel.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement