Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep. of Ireland U21s V Turkey U21s..

• 31-03-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Just realized SS1 arent showing the game, opting for the NI game instead. Anybody know if the match is been shown on tele at all or a web stream even?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can't get a link.

Is it on at the Cross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Can't get a link.

Is it on at the Cross?

Yup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

1-0 to Turkey:(! Yilmaz after 15 minutes.

I wish it was on TV!

I'm checking Goal.com every few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

2-0 down with 20 mins left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

2-1 now 9 minutes left. Scorer to follow......
    C'mon Ireland!

Goal.com got my hopes up by showing the scorline at 2-1!
    It finished 3-0 to Turkey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭LowOdour

How can the same team go out and beat spain 2-1 and then get thumped tonight? :(
    Anyone have the line-up for the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Simple explaination is Don Givens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Does he get paid, and if so, how much?

Job for the Boys IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Very much a jobs for the boys situation. It always has been with the FAI, for example head of the AUL, Dick(Head) Redmond is also the official kit man to the senior team. He travels everywhere with the senior team and doesn't spend one penny while doing so. They really are junkets.

Thing with Don Givens is, his position is very much to the detriment of the U21's and you'd think that even the FAI would have gave him the elbow by now but still he's allowed carry on, falling out with players and ruining promising careers before they've even started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I'm with you Anto, I don't think that Don Givens should be anywhere near the U 21's, but the jobs for the boys attitude is one that means he'll stay there. Lucky us huh? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Givens is symptomatic of everything that is wrong at that level. He needs to be given the heave ho. He has achieved nothing in his years as under 21 coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ireland had plenty of chances to score but missed a couple of sitters. Eddie Nolan at fault for the first goal and the other 2 weren't great either.

Advertisement