Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a 2 way toggle switch.

Options
  • 31-03-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

First time on this forum so please bear with me!

I need to replace the light switch in my kitchen. It's a typical switch which I believe is termed a 2-way toggle switch...
    Where can I buy a replacement (Live in Santry, work in Ballymount) and any tips on doing the job myself?
    Also, I'll need to replace the fitting for the bulb in my living room as a part of it broke away and now the bayonet bulb is merely staying connected by one end of the bayonet. Sorry my terminology is so poor but any advice on either of these matters would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

3 wholesalers in ballymount will defo have that stuff.

Both jobs are easy do too, simple like for like swap. Turning off the supply from the board is the main thing. Verify no voltage detected afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

ye need to go into yer local wholesalers and ask for a 1 gang one way switch, if the light can be controled from a second switch in or out of the room ye need to ask for a 1 gang two way switch. as regards the bc light fixture just ask for a 6'' bc pendant and wire like for like, this will be easier then just replacing the lamp holder. if in santry i think yer nearest wholesaler it o reillys oppisite omni.

ps im presuming the light fitting is just a pendant, ie a ceiling rose with a piece of white flex connected to the lamp holder, if the fitting has multiple lamp holders its best to bring in the fitting or one of the lampholders to make it easier to get like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hey guys, thanks a million for that. :)
    Will head to O'Reilly's alright as soon as I get a chance!

Advertisement