Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

makeing an rc car/robot

Options
  • 31-03-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

hi guys i am thinking of making a RC car/robot .im based in waterford .i am hopeing that someone in waterford knows about the model shop in Johns town
    has dealt with this shop b4 and knows their prices .heres a list of things i will need:
    2 x 9v servos
    1 x ground receiver (same frequency)
    1 x ground controller (same frequency)
    4 x track wheels
    2 x tracks
    and i got a 9.6v rechargeable Ni CH battery .

i want to know how much this will roughly cost . and good quality stuff for a cheap price

update

in looking at ebay for servos and there is loads of cheap ones heres 1 im thinking of getting:
    Features

* Brand New Metal Gear Servo
    * Compliant with most standard receiver connector: Futaba, Hitec, Sanwa, GWS etc
    * Great for airplane, truck, boat and racing car
    * Power supply: through external adapter
    * Stable and shock proof
    * Each servo comes servo horns and fittings

Specifications

* Weight: 55g
    * Dimension: 40.6 x 19.8 x 37.8 mm
    * Stall torque (4.8V): 13kg/cm
    * Stall torque (6.0V): 15kg/cm
    * Operating speed (4.8V no load) 0.17sec/ 60°
    * Operating speed (6.0V no load) 0.13sec/ 60°
    * Operating voltage: 4.8 - 7.2 Volts
    * Temperature range: 0 to +55°C
    * Dead band width 10us

Package Content

* 100% Brand New
    * 2 x MG-995 Servo
    * 2 sets x Servo horns and fittings

im wondering if these will work with a reciever and a 9.6v battery coz it ses that they are a lower voltage

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

... i am hopeing that someone in waterford knows about the model shop in Johns town has dealt with this shop b4 and knows their prices .heres a list of things i will need:....
    I think maybe asking them might get their prices more accurately than we can.
    ... . and good quality stuff for a cheap price
    Usually you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, get cheap. That might be ok. But it's a good idea to decide in advance if cheap will be strong enough so that it will not have to be replaced regularly. If you are in any doubt due to inexperience, ask for robust, not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

yeh im on a small budget. about 70-100 euro

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

yeh im on a small budget. about 70-100 euro

Small budget is ok so long as the thing works, so you have a minimum quality and power requirement.
    The difficult thing is estimating them in advance so gear does not have to be upgraded involving 2nd purchases. That is a really common mistake.

Your best chance of getting it to go right with the lowest gear cost is by paying great care and attention to making the moving parts light in weight. Think paper, card and balsa wood!
    Also try to make all the pivot hinge and rotating parts perfectly friction free.

Advertisement