Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unicare fuji film...

• 31-03-2009 8:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

what is the film exactly??? looking into using it for a spot of xpro... and doesnt seem to have any details as to what it is... anyone shine the light?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

what is the film exactly??? looking into using it for a spot of xpro... and doesnt seem to have any details as to what it is... anyone shine the light?

Its just some random 200 asa fuji C-41 film. Probably superia or something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Its just some random 200 asa fuji C-41 film. Probably superia or something.

i suspect superia... dunno for sure tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

This is what I got for the fiver, I didn't get the 5 for 5 deal, might go back in with my receipt.
    Is CN-16 an altternate process ?

7E604280041E48B8B15C5FC533CDC5E2-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

E-6 is used for cross pro, it's not even the Superia film, nothing wrong with it all the same.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

think its the same... just fuji version of it

• Advertisement

Fajitas! wrote: »
    E-6 is used for cross pro, it's not even the Superia film, nothing wrong with it all the same.

any idea what it is then.... just to have a gander on flickr to see results?

Er... "Fujicolour 200", funnily enough!

While you can use C-41 for x-pro it probably won't get you where you want to go. Most people shoot slide (E-6) and then cross process it in C-41 chemicals. I know the camera exchange on georges street do it for sure , but at the end of the week, I suspect just before they change their chemicals. Gunns probably do it aswell.

I've had great success X-proing 64t, its a tungsten balanced slide film from fuji:

1248295270_9d340c80d1_m.jpg

do a tag search for xpro on my stream for other examples (some not so great :-))
    njburke wrote: »
    This is what I got for the fiver, I didn't get the 5 for 5 deal, might go back in with my receipt.
    Is CN-16 an altternate process ?

cn-16 is the same as c-41, I think its some fuji proprietary name for it or something.

Er... "Fujicolour 200", funnily enough!

the only 200 iso they do is superia so i dunno

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/index.html

While you can use C-41 for x-pro it probably won't get you where you want to go. Most people shoot slide (E-6) and then cross process it in C-41 chemicals. I know the camera exchange on georges street do it for sure , but at the end of the week, I suspect just before they change their chemicals. Gunns probably do it aswell.

some nice results there...
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=superia+xpro+200&s=int&page=2

sure i have rolls upon rolls of this crap, no other use for it, have a few sensia 100... but thats useful so i might try one or two.

are the accomedating in the shops, i'd love to develop myself but no chems of facilities... like can i ask them to push the film and that jazz?

• Advertisement

They'd have you think that. No, this isn't Superia.

They'd have you think that. No, this isn't Superia.

well it must be something... flickr tags for fujicolor 200 throw up nada

Cross processing, is that taking a film media and then developing in chemistry designed for a different film?

well it must be something...

It is, it's Fujicolor 200

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/93078-USA/Fujifilm_15719395_CA_135_24_Fujicolor_200.html#features

http://www.trekearth.com/photos.php?cat=film&id=413

Superia is different, more expensive. This is cheap, or 'free film', as it's the one Fuji give free when you get a roll dev'd and printed in one of their labs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

'Tis grand for snapping about with.

Cross processing, is that taking a film media and then developing in chemistry designed for a different film?

yep. Typically Slide film (E-6) done in negative chemicals (C-41). Sometimes negatives done in slide chemicals. Occasionally colour film done in B&W chemicals to no good effect, and sometimes, adventurusly and ultimately futilely, B&W films done in colour chemicals (they come out blank ...)

humberklog wrote: »

It is indeed. I had a pile of it that I used for experimentation and messing around. A tag search on my stream for "noname" gives a couple of rolls that I put through my Vivitar and another couple of rolls that I tried some wierd development techniques on.

humberklog wrote: »

Absolutely, and get good results with!

3194086989_067d2ae05e.jpg

3194927186_74c4284c14.jpg

2682765676_677513da2b.jpg

2682771742_c663886e1c.jpg

They're all results I've gotten from it, and am happy with. There's plenty more too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If on the random photo thread it says is200 beside my snaps then you can be assured it's on that stuff too.
    I'm happy going the cheap route at the moment. You can push the stuff about too and get good results. I'll make do until civil and structural engineering becomes a wanted and valued part of the economy again.

Fajitas they're cracking pics by the way.

Fajitas>Is that blotch in the first pic a typical characteristic of expired film?
    The noise in the pics I assume thats from the digitiser?

I picked up a film camera recently and it came with some rolls of film , I assumed the film is expired but I ran one through the camera just to see if it worked.

first frame looks a bit weird, could it just be the leader ?

69E0F293FB5F45E4AB6051DCE4DFB5D8-500.jpg

AAD791668A194CA4B439C69629FE2B95-500.jpg

CAAE7B4DE10A4DEEA912CC55DCCEBE08-800.jpg
    Any tips when shooting expired film, push or pull the ISO value or add a cooling/warming filter ?
    Sorry for all the questions, bit curious about this film racket, I'm contemplating a nikonos.

• Advertisement

It can defo take it's fair share of punishment - The last shot above was shot in VERY dark conditions, I didn't meter, but think old train, broken lights, Slovenia, 3 in the morning. Between chemical and software, it was probably pushed to about 1600.

Fajitas>Is that blotch in the first pic a typical characteristic of expired film?
    The noise in the pics I assume thats from the digitiser?

Naw, it's just messy processing really. I get kicks out of that though ;)

Noise is probably from underexposing the lot of them along with the scanner, again, it's something I don't mind too much!

Some nice shots there too.

Naw, it's just messy processing really. I get kicks out of that though

OK, the blotches are splashes of liquid on the neg and the marks on that first frame are from the tongs or whatever. Its stochastic,imperfect and in all likelihood unique, it adds to the image, goes well with the cuddly swastika.
    Noise is probably from underexposing the lot of them along with the scanner, again, it's something I don't mind too much!

I've spent far too much time measuring noise in imaging systems chasing near perfect replication in the imaging plane. I took it to the point where the grinding marks from the polishing tool that polished the CCD sensor came up in the images. I guess I'm over sensitized to noise, I'ld better just learn to let that go.

Picked up some Provia today, will give that a lash.
    BTW, is there a book you could recommend on film and film photography?

Some nice shots there too.

Advertisement