Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spam code problem on website

Options
  • 31-03-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I have a wordpress-based site that is basically a portfolio website based on a blog template.

There is a problem in that somehow a spammer or a spambot has gained access either via wordpress or via Hostireland, which host it, and inserted a load of spam code into the source code.

My web designer is on the case and he said we might need to use a more recent version of wordpress, or it could be down to the host server being vulnerable or a combination of both.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same problem at all, and if so, how they resolved it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Keep your WordPress installation up-to-date and you should never have any problems. Most hosting companies offer Installatron or Fantastico - a script which will help you install WordPress, and email you when updates are available.

Also, normally when you login to the WordPress admin area, it'll tell you if a new version is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

thanks - my web designer has updated to latest WP version and advised me to use longer more complex passwords.

All fixed now so fingers crossed it will be ok from now on.

Advertisement