Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Occurance

Options
  • 31-03-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

I copied and paste a link to a thread and sent it to a friend. When they clicked the link it directed to the homepage and had my name and password already entered. Just getting a screenshot now
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That is odd. What was the link you sent? Have you used their computer before (it may have your details stored on it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055526826

That was the link. You could be on to something there AC but I wouldn't have used any of the password remembering features on it and I have sent other links in the meantime and it didn't happen then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Are you on the same IP e.g. college/work computers?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

javaboy wrote: »
    Are you on the same IP e.g. college/work computers?
    That's probably it all right. It's happened to me before that I've been logged into other users' accounts because we've shared some IP info due to working in the same place. It usually doesn't keep you logged in, though.

No, I'm at home in Tallaght and they're at home not in Tallaght.

And both on personal laptops so not connected to a work server etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Onkle wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055526826

That was the link. You could be on to something there AC but I wouldn't have used any of the password remembering features on it and I have sent other links in the meantime and it didn't happen then

If you clicked the remember me button the last time you where there it could still "remember" you. They would have to not have logged in any time between then and now though.

If you clicked the remember me button the last time you where there it could still "remember" you. They would have to not have logged in any time between then and now though.

I wouldn't have clicked remember me, and they use a shared laptop with just one general user account so logs in every time they use it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It could be worse.

I posted a simple comment and...

It could be worse.

I posted a simple comment and...

Poor Steve.... LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Far too many people with admin privileges these days ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Far too many people with admin privileges these days ;)

:pac: Jealousy is a terriable thing Roundy :)

Cleared all history etc on the other machine last night but it's gone and done it again tonight. Linked to other stuff today and it didn't happen.

Thing is last nights link was for lolocaust and so was tonights :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Were they able to access lolocaust as you?

Can you get them to post something next time it happens? A test on lolcaust or sys>test or something. We have an occasional problem where it LOOKS like the person is logged in as you but isnt.... but what you describe is not the usual scenario for it.

DeV.

They didn't actually log in. What came up was this

login.jpg

even though none of my details are stored on their laptop

and boo-urns at the google ad that comes up when my username is in :mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ha now I have your password! •••••••••••

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Do you get the same issue if you send them a link to a non-private forum?

Macros42 wrote: »
    Do you get the same issue if you send them a link to a non-private forum?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So the private forum link explains the homepage bump - but not the login details.

but the other person was logged in and has access to the forum, then clicking the link logs them out and gives my details :confused:

Advertisement