Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos got sick of creative Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Manager wrote: »
    Hey Z please dont jump down my throat like you did to Mr T...its between you and Mr T I was just giving my opinion. :mad:

Ok :confused: you seriously think that was jumping down your throat? I was giving my opinion, like everyone else, at no time did I make any personal remarks about anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Really? My observation of it was quite the opposite. The mods frequently gave leeway and didn't pull that person up on many attempts to antagonise certain members and mods and eventually most people got sick of the drama.
    That was my reading of it, that and the fact that that person had a persecution complex.

Anyway, I think what happened on that site was that a lot of new members found the piss taking on the site too much and it became a ghost town because of the constant accusations of bullying, which in my opinion were way over the top. It all got too serious, but there are still some very funny and very generous people who post there.

I think boards is way stricter in it's moderation. But that's ok because its a different type of site with a lot more people on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Manager

ztoical wrote: »
    Ok :confused: you seriously think that was jumping down your throat? I was giving my opinion, like everyone else, at no time did I make any personal remarks about anyone.

Well I thought you were but hey its water of a ducks back. Anyway Im not that keen on CI what ever anybody elses opinion is and I do agree with Mr T. :cool:

beth-lou wrote: »
    Really? My observation of it was quite the opposite. The mods frequently gave leeway and didn't pull that person up on many attempts to antagonise certain members and mods and eventually most people got sick of the drama.
    That was my reading of it, that and the fact that that person had a persecution complex.

Anyway, I think what happened on that site was that a lot of new members found the piss taking on the site too much and it became a ghost town because of the constant accusations of bullying, which in my opinion were way over the top. It all got too serious, but there are still some very funny and very generous people who post there.

I think boards is way stricter in it's moderation. But that's ok because its a different type of site with a lot more people on it.

Well thats no what I seen imho Beth and I felt sorry for the guy/girl. I think if your a mod in any forum you have to work to certain standard and I dont think they deal with members in the correct manner. I def prefer boards IE to CI.

I also feel that CI is dying because of certain members and Mods getting away murder and treating other members like dirt. Ive alot of friends who a designers they steer well clear of it becuase of this.

I do agree with Mr T. :cool:

Muppet check may be in order ;)

• Advertisement

I think CI is dying because it all went too PC and the light hearted pisstaking that made it such a funny place was phased out. There were hints of the old glory in the Brian Cowen thread, but there were a few whingers and trolls who joined up and turned it into a school playground. ce la vie.

Maybe it will find it's magic again.

Muppet check may be in order ;)

Did you just call me a muppet? :mad:

I think CI is dying because it all went too PC and the light hearted pisstaking that made it such a funny place was phased out. There were hints of the old glory in the Brian Cowen thread, but there were a few whingers and trolls who joined up and turned it into a school playground. ce la vie.

God that thread bored me to tears to be honest. I mean seriously how many photoshop images can they do. The "light hearted piss take" as you put it Beth is what killed CI as it wasnt moderated right in the first place. And IMHO is were the bully started on other members. I can see the tumbel weeds in the distance.

Please dont take this the wrong way Beth because this is going to sound cheeky but its not meant to be. But if you love it so much why arent you using now???

Actually dont anwser that Ive just realised ive got involved in somebody elses argument! LOL

I don't think you can look at CI as a forum for general discussion. I hardly ever read or post in the general forums there at all, I only check the forums relevant to my work which would be the illustration and animation forums and I haven't noticed any difference in the number or quality of the threads in those forums. For general discussion I would check out boards as you've a higher number of posters and the forum doesn't go dead after 5 or at weekends.

I don't think you can look at CI as a forum for general discussion. I hardly ever read or post in the general forums there at all, I only check the forums relevant to my work which would be the illustration and animation forums and I haven't noticed any difference in the number or quality of the threads in those forums. For general discussion I would check out boards as you've a higher number of posters and the forum doesn't go dead after 5 or at weekends.

Even though you called me a Muppet I agree an maybe that my point I still use the forum for my work but I stay away from the genral stuff as its to nasty for my liking.

Im not talking to you anymore Z the love we once had has died. We will never be the same again! :(

• Advertisement

God that thread bored me to tears to be honest. I mean seriously how many photoshop images can they do. The "light hearted piss take" as you put it Beth is what killed CI as it wasnt moderated right in the first place. And IMHO is were the bully started on other members. I can see the tumbel weeds in the distance.

Please dont take this the wrong way Beth because this is going to sound cheeky but its not meant to be. But if you love it so much why arent you using now???

Actually dont anwser that Ive just realised ive got involved in somebody elses argument! LOL

Eh I do use it, for information and hints and tips and I find the Graphics forum very helpful. The Photography and Illustration forum is always a joy and the jobs help section is great too. Did you only use the general section of the site?

Agreed. Although sometimes there are interesting threads. Less now though.

Eh I do use it, for information and hints and tips and I find the Graphics forum very helpful. The Photography and Illustration forum is always a joy and the jobs help section is great too. Did you only use the general section of the site?

See my last comment!

Even though you called me a Muppet

I didn't call you a muppet, I think you are Mr. T seeing as you only showed up after he was banned, the mods can check if this is the case, its called a muppet check. Now you are going on my ignore list, good bye.

Agreed. Although sometimes there are interesting threads. Less now though.

I also find the forum is very Dublin heavy, as most of the design work out there is Dublin based so I use the site less now that I don't live in Dublin anymore.

I also find the forum is very Dublin heavy, as most of the design work out there is Dublin based so I use the site less now that I don't live in Dublin anymore.

Were has our love gone Z im not the same person im afraid...but hey each nutter to there own. :mad:

What if I was to stay I was MR Hardon????? Would you then blame me for the downfall of CI??????????? :cool:

We already knew you were rasperry hard on that was obvious from your first post.

We already knew you were rasperry hard on that was obvious from your first post.

Let me guess beth your either wacch or troubudor?????

Did you know Beth in 2005 I was a merry little art and design student who loved all things art and design. I was told about this great irish site creative ireland. Gosh I thought what a great site. I enjoyed every minute of it until the banter started getting worse and worse and worse. This then created the troll you now know as MR RASPBERRYHARDON who was just sick of the ****e and stood up to the pricks! So if im to do with the downfall of that site im rather proud of myself!!!!

Neither.

• Advertisement

Neither.

Your def Wacca you were always one of my favorite trolls on there. I see you on Rons friends list so you were always welcome to hurl abuse at me with anything being done..And like in here I see you like to stick you nose into ther personal issues on here because you like to hear yourself talk. God your not knocked up again wacca are you jesus! Well say hello to Ron (Jimchimmney)as I will be seeing him soon enough! xx

Who is Ron, who is wacca and the last I checked CI was still going so I don't think you brought the site down.

Your slightly deluded. This is the crap you were banned for from CI.

Ignore list it is.

Ignore list it is.

\o/ Woohoo, back to design discussion!

Yep, this thread has gone on 3 pages too long. :)

Who is Ron, who is wacca and the last I checked CI was still going so I don't think you brought the site down.

Your slightly deluded. This is the crap you were banned for from CI.

Ignore list it is.

Id say it was dragging on sweetheart! Who says im banned from ci who says im not under a different user name?

Anywho Ive work to do so you keep an eye on the kids and do the washing up and make sure you have the dinner ready for your hubby. Good wifey!! ;)

Ahh see you took me off your ignore list girls just so you could have a wee peek. You all love me really it passes your dull diluted lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

some sections of CI are still good, although I don't have the time for posting.

The real creatives who are doing the real work are not on this forum, and they are probably having a laugh whenever they look at it.

This www.atelier.ie/ is one of the best graphic designers in Ireland who's making a living from his field, and I bet you that he's not on Creative Ireland forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

There is some decent ones on it and I still use for the tech updates but thats about it. But the majority of the members are numptys!

tbh I like the photo a day section, I'm a big fan, I think there are some great photos on there

And I look into the support and web design multimedia section for icq as well hes good for drupal questions

Yeah I use the tech section the odd time too. I've been on it a couple of years now so I'm used to it I suppose what it really is for me is that I know the characters involved (virtually) so if someone says something I Can tell if he knows what he is talking about or not (info on the internet is all about context and trusting the source)

Yeah Its very dublin centric of course it is thats where most of the jobs are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 open

some sections of CI are still good, although I don't have the time for posting.

The real creatives who are doing the real work are not on this forum, and they are probably having a laugh whenever they look at it.

This www.atelier.ie/ is one of the best graphic designers in Ireland who's making a living from his field, and I bet you that he's not on Creative Ireland forums.

Great post well said. And what a website that is. Now that is a proper Irish design site. :)

Honestly this thread should be locked as it was started by someone with a personal issue with the forum on the creative ireland site and who has been banned twice [so far] from this site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 open

Honestly this thread should be locked as it was started by someone with a personal issue with the forum on the creative ireland site and who has been banned twice [so far] from this site.

Freedom of speech and all that, if you dont like the thread you dont need to post in it or read it. As you can see there is people on here that agree and disagree with the guy, thats why its called a discussion forum.

Advertisement