Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 5800 question

• 31-03-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

ehm I have 2gig of music, when I put it onto my phone it took up closer to 6 gig
    took ages to do
    it did ask me whether I wanted it in a mobile format, would this be why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Are you sure it's not saying 6gigs FREE not used. The Nokia's look a bit strange as they sometimes show used space where you'd expect to see free space.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

chrislad wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not saying 6gigs FREE not used. The Nokia's look a bit strange as they sometimes show used space where you'd expect to see free space.
    nah wish it was that simple
    says 1 gig free memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Perhaps you have other data as well as your 2gigs of music on the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

woop wrote: »
    ehm I have 2gig of music, when I put it onto my phone it took up closer to 6 gig
    took ages to do
    it did ask me whether I wanted it in a mobile format, would this be why?

What format were the 2gb in? If you chose 'music format' in the pc suite it will have converted all tracks to AAC instead of mps (that's why the transfer took 'ages' - it didn't just copy tracks to your 5800; it converted them in the process).
    Check the pc suite settings! If those standard quality mp3 track were converted to 256 kbs AAC, you'd end up with more than twice the data!!!

Advertisement