Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to be a morning lark not chronic night owl!!

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I cant wake up in the morning. Impossible. I lived down under for a few years and even though I was up early(7am) most mornings I didnt come to life until fter 3pm(I could nearly time it).

Am back home now and am still the same. I get the bus to work each morning(live in country and recession...) and I cannot keep my eyes open on bus.

Morning is a right-off in work - am negative, no interest in work, browse internet....and from around 2/3pm I come alive - literally...

By the time im home(7pm) am full ideas and need to write them down each night!

I have tried getting up early and going for walk...cold shower..reading the paper - no use. Nighttime is same - herbal teas..jog...still wired and full of ideas and can take on the work till around midnight!

Anyone help or am I just a born night owl(my dad is same)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

moved from the noc.

perhaps better advice here,

permanent redirect left in the noc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

What I want to do when I want to change the type of bird that I am. Is go around in a circle, you can do it by tipping forward by a few hours each night. Or smash your cycle thoroughly by not sleeping one night and then going to bed at midday the next day. You can sleep a good 12-14 hours then and wake up at 4am.

For me this is really the only possible way.
    But the early morning schedual normally doesn't last.

Advertisement