Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid Question

• 31-03-2009 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

I know very little techology-wise, so here goes (btw mods feel free to move this if necessary):

I am a HD ready tv and have been using it to play ps3 games, but when I'm playing guitar hero it's hard to play becuase it doesn't seem as smooth & seems alot more pixely than another telly I'd been using to play it on the xbox 360

anyway, is it just that this telly is a pile of junk, or is there a way to solve this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I know very little techology-wise, so here goes (btw mods feel free to move this if necessary):

I am a HD ready tv and have been using it to play ps3 games, but when I'm playing guitar hero it's hard to play becuase it doesn't seem as smooth & seems alot more pixely than another telly I'd been using to play it on the xbox 360

anyway, is it just that this telly is a pile of junk, or is there a way to solve this problem?

The best way to test this would be to connect the PS3 to the TV you've used your Xbox on and compare the difference between the quality of both TVs when playing the PS3.

If you find the quality the same, then it may be a setting(s) on the PS3 that could help.

Also, how does the quality compare when playing the Xbox 360 on the TV you use to play your PS3 on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is the other TV HD? If the Xbox was connected using the component leads (red, green, blue) or using an hdmi cable, it will upscale its output to HD quality. I don't think the PS3 does this, so that might explain the differnce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

okay, all good ideas
    I'll check out the spec of the other telly, and I'll also try swapping around tellies for each of the consoles see how they play

Advertisement