Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Photo Frame

• 31-03-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭

I've been looking to get my photos off my hard drive and out where I can see them for a while now but haven't been impressed by a lot of the lcd digital photo frames out there.
    I found this Sony DPF-V1000
    Its gotten some decent reviews and has everything I want without the unnecessary extras like networking (ok, i don't really need bluetooth on a picture frame either)

Problem is, I can't find anywhere to buy it! Can't buy it off amazon.com or sony.com cause they only ship to US adresses. Sony.ie doesn't have online shopping and its not on ebay or amazon.co.uk or pixmania, dabs or Komplett :mad:
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

You could simply run a slideshow of your photos on a TV, which is quick and easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Anouilh wrote: »
    You could simply run a slideshow of your photos on a TV, which is quick and easy.

I'm aware of that but its not really what I'm after, thanks anyway tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Play.com have it.

Google is your friend. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Play won't ship electronics to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Have you asked one of the Sony Centres if they can get it in for you?

• Advertisement

Have you asked one of the Sony Centres if they can get it in for you?

I haven't, simply because they are so overpriced I wouldn't shop there on principle, thats why I'm after a etailer

:mad: Been googling like mad, can't find it anywhere that will ship it to me.
    I've sent a mail to a sony centre in Dublin, if they can get it I'm sure their inflated price will be entertaining if nothing else. Will post up what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

From sony website, did you look at some of the authorised online retailers? e.g. I just looked at Adorama.com - it looks as though they ship internationally? http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=FAQ

I know the odd US site will do international shipping anyway...?

davenewt wrote: »
    From sony website, did you look at some of the authorised online retailers? e.g. I just looked at Adorama.com - it looks as though they ship internationally? http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=FAQ

I know the odd US site will do international shipping anyway...?

Good find Dave, no messin with your googling.
    Sony centre got back to me with the following response too;
    Hi Alan,

This photo frame will be available to order from Sony after 24th of April in the black finish. There will be a white finish available to order from 5th June. The price will be approx €299.00 for the black and €319.00 for the white.

I hope this helps,

On adorama.com, its only goin to set me back €185 before shipping.
    I knew the Sony centre would be pricey but at least they are helpful and respond to emails on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

kensutz wrote: »
    Play won't ship electronics to Ireland

Not sure about this. I delivered stuff fom them the other day. Maybe it was only C.D or D.V.Ds but it was a fairly large box.
    Agree with op on sony shops what a rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hey, incase you want a different option in terms of brand - I got a kodak wireless frame that will detect all pics from your harddrive folders without having to faff about with sd cards etc. Bought it for the folks while we're away, we can update our pics on a website and they'll appear on the frame instantly. Has been great for them to see how we're getting on and also my dad can let his digital pics on his comp work away on a slideshow. cost 150 in Harvey Norman's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Here's something that might be useful - Thread

Advertisement