Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dog To Companion Another Dog

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

As discussed on other threads, I've a six month old cocker. It's doing great and gets plenty of attention in the evenings because its let into the house. I also bring it for a walk first thing in the morning and also in the evening.

However, it's outside on its own all day in a large garden. Sometimes I bring other people's dogs over and it seems alot happier and I was thinking about getting it a companion dog. I leave it in the garden as it has far more freedom there than in the house and has a shed to go into if it needs to go into it.

I was offered a springer spaniel but they're a bit exhuberant and its a quiet enough cocker so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any breeds that would be a good companion dog? Would it be a bad time to introduce another dog now when the cocker is only six months old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

another cocker? don't see any issue with the age of the one you have. try matching their personalities as closely as possible. try rescues etc they are great at matching dogs to owners

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Skillie wrote: »
    another cocker? don't see any issue with the age of the one you have. try matching their personalities as closely as possible. try rescues etc they are great at matching dogs to owners

We have the cocker though and were thinking maybe about a labrador. Has anyone experienced any problems with a large and small dog getting along?

Advertisement