Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Biocycle Unit - what not to use

• 31-03-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,
    Shortly moving into our new build, Biocycle up and running. What products should i not use? Is Cif/Jif ok? Washing powders? Toilet
    cleaning products? Is it back to basics for me, vinegar and baking soda??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

You should really check with the manufacturer of the treatment plant or refer to the manual, it varies from one type to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Engineer

Biocycle up and running

Hi there. If it is a Biocycle you've installed in your new house, then I wouldn't be too worried as it is one of the largest (in terms of sheer volume/capacity) domestic wastewater treatment plants on the Irish market and should have no problems in diluting the typical household chemicals.

However, if it is a different type of plant (remember, Biocycle is one particular manufacturer of treatment plants - sometimes people refer to all treatment plants as "Biocycles", but this is similar to referring to all vacuum cleaners as "hoovers"!), there is a possibility that it the plant is of a smaller size and it may not have the same capacity to dilute the chemicals that it receives. You should always consult with the homeowners manual that came with the treatment plant. If you didn't get one, contact the supplier immediately and get one. If the manual doesn't answer your query, then get the manufacturer/supplier to provide recommendations to you in writing.

Advertisement