Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google auto suggest now on by defualt

• 31-03-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else noticed this? I.E when you type in a search query it shows a drop down box with suggestions. Quite annoying as you cant disable it unless you ar esigned in :mad:

needs to retrain myself to search from address bar now in opera.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For anyone using firefox just right click the google search box and click "Add keyword to this search". Then whatever you use as the key word (I use g) you can put into the address bar followed by what you want to search for. Saves you having to use google home page at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You are not alone

I've no idea how to help as You're using IE, I use firefox and its called autocomplete, look in Your IE tools -->options

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He's using opera not IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed this? I.E when you type in a search query it shows a drop down box with suggestions. Quite annoying as you cant disable it unless you ar esigned in :mad:

needs to retrain myself to search from address bar now in opera.

You do not have to log in to disable this feature, you merely have to click preferences (beside the search box) and the last option lets you enable/disable the search suggestions dropdown. It then saves a cookie to your computer with your your preferences. It's no more an inconvenience than having to bump up or down the Safesearch feature :D

Edit: Oh and why does Pog's thread link to the mobiles forum for Nokia Java applications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You are not alone

I've no idea how to help as You're using IE, I use firefox and its called autocomplete, look in Your IE tools -->options

Not looking for help its just an observation , its a google issue not a browser one, it seems an annoying one at that, though i usually avoid a direct search myself anyway as suggested Opera and FF allow custom searches from right clicking a search box so for me its g for google y for youtube w for wiki etc etc then search from address bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i dont see this as annoying but i do find it kinda pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Fixed link, dunno what happened there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Fixed link, dunno what happened there

your an april fool

Advertisement