Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Flea Market

Options
  • 31-03-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi folks,

I am trying to gather enough interest to start a flea market over the summer months in Sligo.

I should have posted about this earlier,but life has been a bit hectic!

I've set up a blog to record all our updates as we are just in the initial stages, trying to sort out venues etc, but I would appreciated if you could spread the word about it. As well as the usual stalls with clothes, music and your lovely junk, we'd also like to have some nice arts and craft stalls. If you know anyone of the creative nature, send them our way!

"A flea market is the perfect place to sell off you unwanted bits and pieces, vintage clothes, vinyl, and any other random items, and get a few sheckles for yourself.We are looking for all types of stalls, clothes, books, music, art, junk and toys. Whatever you don’t want, we’re sure someone else would love it! We don’t want to mention the current economic climate too much, but we do hope the prices of things would reflect that, and that you could pick up some unique vintage items that tickles your fancy, cheap as chips!"

Second hand & flea markets have been picking up in popularity recently, and i think it would be a great idea to have one in Sligo over the summer.

Let me know what you think :)
    LadyD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Good idea - best of luck with it & keep us updated on your progress.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

LadyDotty wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am trying to gather enough interest to start a flea market over the summer months in Sligo.

I should have posted about this earlier,but life has been a bit hectic!

I've set up a blog to record all our updates as we are just in the initial stages, trying to sort out venues etc, but I would appreciated if you could spread the word about it. As well as the usual stalls with clothes, music and your lovely junk, we'd also like to have some nice arts and craft stalls. If you know anyone of the creative nature, send them our way!

"A flea market is the perfect place to sell off you unwanted bits and pieces, vintage clothes, vinyl, and any other random items, and get a few sheckles for yourself.We are looking for all types of stalls, clothes, books, music, art, junk and toys. Whatever you don’t want, we’re sure someone else would love it! We don’t want to mention the current economic climate too much, but we do hope the prices of things would reflect that, and that you could pick up some unique vintage items that tickles your fancy, cheap as chips!"

Second hand & flea markets have been picking up in popularity recently, and i think it would be a great idea to have one in Sligo over the summer.

Let me know what you think :)
    LadyD

No thats a great idea. Would save me travelling to Carrick. Would really brighten up the town too. Where would you hope to have it in town? (Excuse I see the Presbyterian church down as one option.) Anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I think its an absolute load of nonsense. Its completely pointless and you are wasting your time with this stupid idea!!!!!!!:mad:

HA HA! April fools :D!!! Best of luck with the idea. I would be interested in going to that myself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I think it's a great idea. By the sounds of it, it'll turn into a boards flea market!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

WOW 1 big recycle bin! Get rid of stuff you would normaly throw away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lunasa_lady

Great idea........ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

+1 Great idea. I'm stocked to come up with some other possible locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The car park in the retail centre - it was over subscribed with parking even before half the place shut up shop.

You could also try out by the Cooloney roundabout - a bit further out, but most people in Sligo have cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Good luck with it. It would be nice, but would need alot of advertising (blog is good - get notices out everywhere beforehand.) Would it work alongside the market on Saturday - or is that still plagued by regulations? Rockwood parade would be nice in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

Thanks for the feedback folks. :)

Had a stall myself for the first two Dublin Flea Markets held in New Market, and had such a great time, selling stuff I wanted to get rid of, and also meeting other folks selling there stuff. There was also some nice vintage stalls, and lovely arts and craft pieces, and live bands.

Think it would definitely be a hit in Sligo, specially in "these times"...

-working on getting the word out about it, got it listed in the Sligo Arts newsletter today, word-of-mouth, and will send info to press in coming weeks when I can confirm something more concrete.

going to be sorting out venue in the next week or so, and will keep ye updated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement