Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** ***** is to step down as Taoiseacht.

Options
  • 31-03-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Brian Cowen is to step down as Taoiseacht.

It is with regret that Brian Cowen is to step down as Taoseacht, It was decided by the party in an unanimous decision to make the unprecedented move after receiving pressure over the Current state of the Irish Economy. .
    He has been a Teachta Dála (TD) for the constituency of Laois-Offaly since 1984. He previously served as Minister for Labour (1992–1993), Minister for Energy (1993), Minister for Transport, Energy & Communications (1993–1994), Minister for Health & Children (1997–2000), Minister for Foreign Affairs (2000–2004) and Minister for Finance (2004–2008). He served as Tánaiste from 2007 to 2008. He became leader of Fianna Fáil on the resignation of Bertie Ahern. On 7 May 2008 following the resignation of Bertie Ahern as Taoiseach, Cowen was nominated in the Dáil and elected Taoiseach.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/86/286286/April-Fool-s-Day-24.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yesterday, 23:58.

2 minutes too early.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

It is with regret that Brian Cowen is to step down as Taoseacht, It was decided by the party in an unanimous decision to make the unprecedented move after receiving pressure over the Current state of the Irish Economy. .
    He has been a Teachta Dála (TD) for the constituency of Laois-Offaly since 1984. He previously served as Minister for Labour (1992–1993), Minister for Energy (1993), Minister for Transport, Energy & Communications (1993–1994), Minister for Health & Children (1997–2000), Minister for Foreign Affairs (2000–2004) and Minister for Finance (2004–2008). He served as Tánaiste from 2007 to 2008. He became leader of Fianna Fáil on the resignation of Bertie Ahern. On 7 May 2008 following the resignation of Bertie Ahern as Taoiseach, Cowen was nominated in the Dáil and elected Taoiseach.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/86/286286/April-Fool-s-Day-24.gif

i paid you nothing, but i want my money back....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

Yesterday, 23:58

fail op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

haha didn't notice that myself,
    op couldn't have spent the spare 2 mins checking that up? haha i jest nice try anyhow =P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

It is with regret that Brian Cowen is to step down as Taoseacht

I don't know about ye but I'm seacht by this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement