Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Fools + Paddy Power = Lacking in a sense of humour?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me being too serious?

I got an email from Paddy Power. Says bla bla bla replaying Ireland / Wales match etc etc and they want winning bets back etc etc. All seemed complete bullsh!t. It came from Paddy Power though and confirm my full name etc etc so I really have to check it out (on the off chance it's real).

Is it too much to expect that emails that come out from companys be real / genuine?

No, this wasn't a scam email. This was sent by Paddy Power.

Have I just missed the PP sense of humour along the way somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Don't see the harm myself. I'm eagerly awaiting google's annual one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I like that type of sense of humor, fair fecks to paddypower

Your being far too sensitive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

lol i think thats quite good actually. Least they are putting the effort in!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Fair play to them, very good, just a shame that they do not want your business if you have even half a clue on what you are punting on!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Or maybe they need the money. They are set to close most of their high street stores over the coming year to concentrate on the online business which will be based in Gibralta for tax reason.

Similarly Ladbrokes have closed or are closing 30 of their stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

darc wrote: »
    Or maybe they need the money. They are set to close most of their high street stores over the coming year to concentrate on the online business which will be based in Gibralta for tax reason.

Similarly Ladbrokes have closed or are closing 30 of their stores.

That another April Fool as well!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    That another April Fool as well!

Brgds
    Johnny

a bad attempt too!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Have to agree with the other posters on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Well thanks for your opinions :)

Advertisement