Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More details on new stadium released

Options
  • 01-04-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploads/assets/docstore/THS_32+4pp_Booklet_AW.pdf

Warning, that's a big pdf file, 20MB I think.

Looks very impressive, not much in the way of detail from inside the stadium though.

One thing I noticed, they plan to relocate away fans into the north-east corner of the new stadium, would be between Paxton and Shelfside in current WHL. My preference would be to remain on south side of new stadium, just hope the same applies to every one else currently in the Park Lane and Shelf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Looks impressive. Fingers crossed that if everything does happen, the fans do remain close to the pitch as mentioned in the piece the club released.

If thats were the away fans will be, Id like to see the South end turn in to the proper Home fanatical end as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

anyone know what the building with the THFC logo on it behind the stadium is -

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A supermarket. Not sure who the tenants will be.

They're putting a 150 bed hotel and a club museum on the grounds where the megastore and part of the away section in the current WHL stand.

There'll be 450 housing units put on Park Lane (roughly where the turnstiles for the upper tier currently stand)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I like the way that the away fans are beside the parklane end at the moment, think it adds to the atmosphere at games. Ronan, think it would be great if all the parklane fans remained together as this is where all the noise is generated from. Question is will the club try to split up this more hardcore group when moving to the new stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Mullo76 wrote: »
    I like the way that the away fans are beside the parklane end at the moment, think it adds to the atmosphere at games. Ronan, think it would be great if all the parklane fans remained together as this is where all the noise is generated from. Question is will the club try to split up this more hardcore group when moving to the new stadium?

on that pdf thats on the website - they state that they will try keep fans together in groups to maintain the camaraderie which has been built up over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Cheers Ohno - Hadnt read that far yet, lets just hope they stick to what they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

does look very impressive. have also read that levy doesnt have any worries about filling it. whats it 58,000? will still be lagging behind a few in the prem league but a step in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

really impressive,keeping the jumbotrons is a good idea download froze on me half way so didnt get to read all ,is their a start date yet?

Mullo76 wrote: »

There's a real danger that we'll lose a lot of the passion if they do try to split up the Park Lane ST holders, but there is a problem with what do you do with us when the partially constructed stadium is in use? Our "end" will not be open, so you either put us down Northumberland Park way in the new north stand, or accommodate us elsewhere for a year while the south end is fised off and we move back home.

Problem with us being put in the north end is that the position of the away fans means you can't have the Park Lane and Shelf boys side by side. That may be the tactic they use, at least split us up that way and make it easier to deal with.

The away move is definitely about policing, they've said as much. That bottleneck at the Megastore is a nightmare for Old Bill, my bet is for the flashpoint games they'll direct away fas down Northumberland Park towards Tottenham Hale, or hold them in a while then down Worcester Ave on to Park Lane for Northumberland Park station.

My preference would be to stay in the new south stand, I'll need to wait and see what my mates say.

• Advertisement

curraghyid wrote: »
    really impressive,keeping the jumbotrons is a good idea download froze on me half way so didnt get to read all ,is their a start date yet?

Not that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Lads any idea where our temporary home is gonna be during construction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I understood we were staying at the lane while it was under construction.

BERBA wrote: »
    Lads any idea where our temporary home is gonna be during construction?

All explained in detail in the PDF.

We stay at WHL until 3/4 of the new stadium is complete, then move into partially completed new stadium while WHL is demolished, then finish off the south end of new stadium in close season.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Im extremely impressed with the new stadium pictures.....Have any of you compared the pictures with the ones of the new anfied stadium, no comparison. Like all fans Im also happy that some concepts like atmosphere retention and keeping groups of fans together is high priority. some nice touches also with the famous Cockeral being kept. If its true that the fans will only be seated 8.2m away from the action this is great. It compares favourably with Emerates & Wembly which is great. Although the stadium is 2k smaller than the other lot down the road, if the atmosphere is kept, (we currently have the noisiest support) Its a small price to pay. Does it say when the planning submission will be put forward? Im assuming that this will only occur after Finance is put in place.... I just hope the naming rights dont go to something to naff like "The Burger King Stadium".

Well Done so far leavy, cant wait for more details which can be found at.....
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I'll start off by saying im not a Spurs supporter.

Having downloaded and briefly viewed the proposed stadium, I have to say i'm impressed with the design.

Its amazing to see so many of you here actually behind it in general except, for Recklesses issues with them splitting up some fans. If you have a good atmospehere and its not causing a problem then leave it alone. On one hand are they trying to spread the wealth and get more of an atmosphere throughout the stadium or do they just see a problem where there isn't one.

Having only been to WHL once I have to say I don't fully appreciate the away fans v home fans post match issue other than they exit very close to each other and that causes an issue on a narrowish street.

In general it looks like a reasonably well thought through plan.

Your very lucky that you have bought so much land around WHL that enables you to do this development and not cause too much disruption to the normal ongoings of a season and its fans.

My team on the other hand Everton are hamstrung by there bigger neighbours getting in first to the council and getting the land in Stanley park and now face the issue of moving outside the city limits which is not going down well with the very blinkered fans who cannot see that to stay in Liverpool it would cost €250m+ just for the land far in excess of what the club can afford so moving ou is only the way and a regeneration of Goodison would cost too much and not yield a higher capacity stadium.

So lads consider yourselves very lucky that you have (hopefully) the money, the land and the backing it seems of the fans.

Now you only need the planning permission.

Advertisement