Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This just in

Options
  • 01-04-2009 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just got in and checked my email to find the following waiting for me
    To whom it may concern,

We have been following recent events on the boards.ie UCD forum, and in light of certain claims and statements that have been made, we have decided that enough is enough. We request that you immediately remove this forum, and cease and desist discussion of all matters related to UCD and it's staff. Failure to comply with this claim will force us to take legal action.

Yours,

<Omitted>

Will be taking this to the higher-ups, but, frankly, certain legal actions in the past have just gotten the parties in question banned from being mentioned on the fora. Guess we'll have to see how this pans out, am locking the forums for the time being as a precaution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

what the frigg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That was lame. Not great at all now. 2/10 from me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

ah feck!!! nice one..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps that poster was actually HB?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A refreshingly original post considering the day that's in it.

6 from the East German Judge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

April Fools... :p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Jesus, April 1st already? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I call April Fools >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Desperate attempt tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I call the fools as well

It very hard to argue against freedom of speech and to be honest this forum is not the way it used to be in term of scandal

Good try Raphael :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To be fair the whole legal row about a certain entertainment company made this one a bit easier to believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm disappointed this wasn't true in a way, would've been great fun overturning it. It would be highly ironic if the college authorities sued for slander and misrepresentation now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

first-i-lold.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

fell for it hook,line and sinker.Second time I've been April fooled today godamn:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Din't fall for it as I'm far too cynical for my own good but the effort is appreciated. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Goddamit Raphael!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The lads in Belfield told me that they got a call from the licencing body regarding a technical inspection. It caused all form of hell and panic today ...

... im an idiot. Took me about 2 hours to cop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stavstavstav

omg this is a disgrace :mad:

wtf is everyone thinking? :rolleyes: I thought this was about freedom of speech but now we gotta stop because suddenly 'the man' don't like what we got to say? f*ck that! I suggest a protest outside Hugh Bradys office, if we can afford a gym he can afford to have some people post on boards, am I right!?

What's the SUs position on this? Maybe we can organise CAMPUS LOCKDOWN!!!! that'll get the message across. SHUT DOWN education for a day, maybe some drumming by the lake too? We can't just take this lying down guys, I wont have it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Grimes wrote: »
    ... im an idiot. Took me about 2 hours to cop
    I lol'ed :D
    I'm unsure if he's being sarcastic, or if he's just a tad bit slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

wtf is everyone thinking? :rolleyes: I thought this was about freedom of speech but now we gotta stop because suddenly 'the man' don't like what we got to say? f*ck that! I suggest a protest outside Hugh Bradys office, if we can afford a gym he can afford to have some people post on boards, am I right!?

What's the SUs position on this? Maybe we can organise CAMPUS LOCKDOWN!!!! that'll get the message across. SHUT DOWN education for a day, maybe some drumming by the lake too? We can't just take this lying down guys, I wont have it

There there batman .

• Advertisement
Advertisement