Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Facebook

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I lost "Admin" under my name a while ago because I was marked as a mod on all forums, which caused problems with reported posts etc. anyway, I'm quite happy to wander the site unmarked (other then my stars of course).

We really DO like the skin and will be keeping it. The front page is nice too, it might be used as a basis for the review of the front page.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Come off it Dev. You won't pull the wool over my eyes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

This is an April fools right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This thread is hilarious. It actually had me seriously wondering who was playing along and who was really angry. I have to ask: were the admins and ComMans surprised at some of the responses and would it stop ypu affiliating boards with large corporations in the future?

Also it was good to see I'm becoming less gullible cos that post only fooled me for about 5 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    This is an April fools right?

Go back to post 1. Check out date and time. Lol to self. Sit back and watch the bait-takers. Lol after each one.

Never. Ever. Take this place with anything more than a pinch of salt. ;)

Incidently, great thread Dev.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

ooo youz got me good!

the one day im away from the net!
    maybe it was for the best!
    (Brilliant performance Thaed & Javaboy!)
    SO so glad i read ALL the posts this evening before just hitting reply with a rant.... but yeah like Piste said would the posts-of the people who werent in on it- not show you how much the place is valued?
    please please dont ever sell out to facebook! I know were in a recession Dev but if you need money dont sell to them!! Il even subscribe!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

When I read the first few responses I was like wtf boards users are more retarded than I thought and then realised I was the retard. ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

:) We know how much this place means to everyone :) we didnt need this prank to bring that home to us. Thanks to all who worked to make this teh funneh... including the impromptu additions to the cast...

Now, if I can only get the Politics board to realise we were KIDDING about Cowen :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm surprised by the ammount of people that fell for it. I'd been waiting for a week or so wondering what would happen when I logged in this morning ... sad I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I read through this thread last night with my face planted firmly between my hands.

Christ. Set a note for next year - do not go on the internet on April 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Yis durteh rotten so n so's :p

I started reading this in work at about quarter to two and at 2 when the phone rang I refused to answer till I got to the end. Yis hooors. I even told everyone in the office. then chewchew the plank had to tell everyone, oh I just got done!

Well done! b*&%"rds.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

You guys so crazy :D
    Oscar to Thaed! She had me convinced for a bit!
    Javaboy rickrolled me too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Would anyone honestly care if FB took over boards?

I like the fboards skin. Needs the dropdown list at the top though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

bronte wrote: »
    You guys so crazy :D
    Oscar to Thaed! She had me convinced for a bit!
    Javaboy rickrolled me too :o

I didn't... I wouldn't.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

DeVore wrote: »
    I lost "Admin" under my name a while ago because I was marked as a mod on all forums, which caused problems with reported posts etc. anyway, I'm quite happy to wander the site unmarked (other then my stars of course).

We really DO like the skin and will be keeping it. The front page is nice too, it might be used as a basis for the review of the front page.

DeV.
    DeVore wrote: »
    :) We know how much this place means to everyone :) we didnt need this prank to bring that home to us. Thanks to all who worked to make this teh funneh... including the impromptu additions to the cast...

Now, if I can only get the Politics board to realise we were KIDDING about Cowen :)

DeV.

Hahahahha ye backstards!!!!

Can I still have some money???

I meant that too if ye do need any mods too let me know.

This was after I got a mail from my buddy:
    Vic police question Hamilton over theft
    LATEST FEATURES
    Police defend SMS response to blackout
    'Do you have the baby?': Logies nominations
    Biting Back : Lion tamer's close call
    Is this ice hockey's worst brawl ever?
    ‘Way of the future’: Electric car hits Syd...
    Gas explosion stuns Bondi Junuction
    Australian Associated Press
    We can confirm that Mr. Hamilton presented himself to St. Kilda Rd. Police Complex yesterday afternoon for questioning. He is not an official suspect in this investigation and returned to his hotel after helping us with our investigations.
    Det Brgoc
    A distinctive hammer found at the scene of the brazen theft of a one million dollar ring in Melbourne CBD on Sunday has led to a major breakthrough for police.

A man - dressed in black and wearing a black beanie - used the 1.8-kilogram hammer to smash a hole in the reinforced display window of Hardy Brothers Jewellers in Collins Street, about 4.40pm (AEDT), police said.

The ring, the centrepiece display in the exclusive store, was the only item taken.

Detective Senior Constable Con Makioupalis said the unusual hammer, which had a yellow handle, was analysed by forensic experts on Monday and was quickly identified as a custom made tool used by Formula 1 team McLaren.

The McLaren Team, who were due to fly to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow afternoon in preparation for the Malaysian Grand Prix, have been requested by Melbourne Police to remain in the city for two days while a detailed search of their equipment is carried out. It is believed that all staff members were interviewed by police yesterday.

The delay is expected to heap more pressure on embattled team McLaren as they struggle to get their below par car performing before the Malaysian Grand Prix in a fortnights time.
    Detective Senior Constable Con Makioupalis confirmed that McLaren pit staff and drivers Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovaleinen were the first to be interviewed to discount them from the investigation as the theft occurred during the warm up to the Albert Park Race. Police are set to concentrate their investigation on members of the back room staff with access to the mechanics tools and who were not present trackside on Sunday afternoon.
    McLaren team boss Ron Dennis declined to comment on the investigation, however a brief statement on the team’s website read that “no member of the McLaren team has been made an official suspect by police and we look forward to travelling to Malaysia on Friday”.

Four witnesses to the theft have already spoken to police but Detective Brgoc called on anyone with any information to contact them.

"We're still looking for more because we believe there would have been at least 15 people waiting at the tram stop directly opposite the store.

"There would also have been a lot of traffic going up and down the street."

He believed some people might not have even realised the burglary was happening, but any information was important.

Police have also confirmed contact with the Malaysian authorities with regard to the ongoing investigation. Interpol ranked Malaysia third in the world last year in terms of dealings in the illicit diamond trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think the serious answer is that yes, a lot of people would care quite a lot.

EDIT: @GaryC ...

Have to ask, did you really think I was serious about meeting my last 2 girlfriends on Bebo? ... I wasn't sure was that "oh dear!" for me or Ali ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

javaboy wrote: »
    I didn't... I wouldn't.... :eek:

Never gonna give you up...
    Never gonna let you downnnnn :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think the serious answer is that yes, a lot of people would care quite a lot.
    Sure you only have to read between the lines.
    I would hate a sell out, to anyone.

It would be like, like we had been molested or something.

/it's ok to say that,right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Would this be whats causing my weird log on problems? I have remember me on but over the course of the day at home and at work it's been saying my password is wrong and so on, after a while it seems ok again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yes, quite a few people I would imagine

• Advertisement

Its more likely you have to clear your cache, theres a sticky to explain how to do it in this forum I believe.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I think thats great news, well done to all that work at and have worked at Boards over the years. Pats on the back all round ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The skin is actually alright but wierd, it's not like a vBulletin skin at all really, sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

so eh...erm whats the story with the coke and hookers?

My father was….a sellout. And a fiend. And one night he goes off selling majority stakes more than usual. Mommy wants to give up her mod status and leave. He doesn’t like that. Not. One. Bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Epic Lulz OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WhiskeyTangoFox

Good move for all concerned. Well done and enjoy the monies. Boards can grow from this and be a bigger andbetter force on Irish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Good move for all concerned. Well done and enjoy the monies. Boards can grow from this and be a bigger andbetter force on Irish society.

You havent read the last few pages of this thread have you? :p

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Great username, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah ye got me too. I was too busy even to remember it was April fools day and have even told some close friends when just chatting about crap, of course the economy came up so I mentioned how this small startup called boards had progressed itself in such tight economic times to have a majority shareholding bought into by Facebook. Feel like a right tit now, thanks :o

Advertisement