Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Facebook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

How come users were only informed after the bloody deal had been agreed ? (obviously you lot own the site but we the users make it what it is do we not ?)

A bit of a warning would have been appreciated and even a feedback thread.

Sounds a bit deceitful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I imagine the money will be used for more developers or community managers and for things like hardware upgrades. Things like these will make a vast improvement to the boards experience.

OR JACK UP THE PRICE OF THE REMAINING 49% SO THAT THE GREEDY ***** CAN REALLY GET SOME HUH???? :mad::mad::mad:

redout wrote: »
    How come users were only informed after the bloody deal had been agreed ? (obviously you lot own the site but we the users make it what it is do we not ?)

A bit of a warning would have been appreciated and even a feedback thread.

Sounds a bit deceitful.

Nah, we just mattered in so much as we could make them a few quid. *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

FÚCK THAT.

It was bad enough when you bastards sprung the deal with daft.ie on us and now this. I trusted you, I listen to you Dev and regi when you took the time to
    explain to me how things were to be as you wanted staff for this site and
    wanted to be sure there was a enough money for a pay roll and now this ?

And what they hell have your fúcking staff done anyway other then faff about asking inane questions and screwing things up.

and now this, all of a sudden you have all turned into corporate whores.
    Was sucking Daft.ie dick such a natural thing for you all that you just
    rolled over and took it up the ass from facebook ?

Fúck you all you shower of greedy cock mongers, I have had enough abuse
    of all the small minded misogynistic bastards on this site, so much for your
    altruism or was that just another petty false promise to keep us all looking the wrong way while you did this.

I quit.

I want to be removed from all my forums I will cause a bigger shít storm then par or amp did.

I know where you fúcking live Dev you need not think you and the other jizz gargling admins are getting away with this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I for one welcome our new california based overlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I imagine the money will be used for more developers or community managers and for things like hardware upgrades. Things like these will make a vast improvement to the boards experience.

Did you notice how much downtimes there has been in the build up to this announcement? Crap boards is down again. Oops Boards will be down for an hour or so. There may be some intermittent issues for a while. It goes on and on.

All the while CuLT is sitting there laughing just waiting for the nod from DeV to flick the switch to on again. It's all been a scam to soften us up so that people like you will swallow the line about the money being for much needed hardware upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Guys, I can see some of you are a tad miffed about this but isn't it worth seeing what's going to happen with the site and the user data before going off in a huff about it?

I mean, it's not like any of us have contributed all that much really. And there's only so much that the admins can do with the hardware they currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Fuk me, mods quitting left and right ! :eek:

Think the admins need to take a long hard look at this and come to the conclusion this is not a popular decision and there should have been some consultation with users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Can Thaed's hissy-fit/PMT be podcasted. Maybe incorporated into the RTE broadcast. It would beat the fuck out of Celebrity Banisteor.

:pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

redout wrote: »
    Fuk me, mods quitting left and right ! :eek:

Think the admins need to take a long hard look at this and come to the conclusion this is not a popular decision and there should have been some consultation with users.
    fuk that... I'd have to give all the money back!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

javaboy wrote: »
    Did you notice how much downtimes there has been in the build up to this announcement? Crap boards is down again. Oops Boards will be down for an hour or so. There may be some intermittent issues for a while. It goes on and on.

All the while CuLT is sitting there laughing just waiting for the nod from DeV to flick the switch to on again. It's all been a scam to soften us up so that people like you will swallow the line about the money being for much needed hardware upgrades.

Better get that tinfoil hat at the ready there, javaboy. I hear myspace is run by the lizard people.

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

You greedy ****. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Not all the mods are quitting, some of us have some loyalties.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jules wrote: »
    You mean some of us aren't whiney little bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

This is disgraceful. Censorship on it's way, destroying boards. What about people who want their boards account private from facebook. There's links in facebook to all my posts now. People will know what I'm really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Some of us have ethics and a fúcking spine.
    The admins have 24 hours.

sceptre wrote: »
    Guys, I can see some of you are a tad miffed about this but isn't it worth seeing what's going to happen with the site and the user data before going off in a huff about it?

I've seen how it goes on other sites. Daft was ok. They understood the ethos around here.
    Facefúck is a different story. Mark my words.

I'm normally the optimistic type and I'd be saying the same as you but this is different. I've seen good indie sites destroyed by the likes of Facebook.
    And there's only so much that the admins can do with the hardware they currently have.

Surprise surprise! Toe the
    app_3_24334230464_8187.gif
    like a good puppet.

This is a joke. If the mods had even been consulted it wouldn't have been so bad. I mean it's your site to throw down the crapper if you want but don't forget who made this site what it is. The users and the mods.

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

DeV.

Always knew you fucs were in it for the long con. Admins are bastards. But as usual I'll just bend over and take it up the ass for the "community".

Stop trying to hold boards back, either get with the programme or jump back on your broom!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You greedy ****. :mad:
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Some of us have ethics and a fúcking spine.
    The admins have 24 hours.

Take it to Faceback

• Advertisement

lol. Why exactly do you feel warm feelings towards a giant corporate entity from California? Is it ignorance or stupidity? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

FÚCK THAT.

It was bad enough when you bastards sprung the deal with daft.ie on us and now this. I trusted you, I listen to you Dev and regi when you took the time to

And what they hell have your fúcking staff done anyway other then faff about asking inane questions and screwing things up.

altruism or was that just another petty false promise to keep us all looking the wrong way while you did this.

I quit.

I want to be removed from all my forums I will cause a bigger shít storm then par or amp did.

I know where you fúcking live Dev you need not think you and the other jizz gargling admins are getting away with this.

Hold the door open, I'm right behind you
    sceptre wrote: »

I mean, it's not like any of us have contributed all that much really. And there's only so much that the admins can do with the hardware they currently have.

Ah here we go, a frigging smod trying to impose their will on everyone else, it's practicaly a fecking smod conspiracy the way you lot go about doing business and ignoring what everyone else says and just backing each other up, fecking sickening you bunch of egomaniac keyboard warriors, get a life

DeV.

Sell-out whore

Yeah, and some of us have morals

FÚCK THAT.

I quit.

I thought this was a good thing until I seen this post. Now I know it's a great thing. They finally managed to get rid of you. Good riddance.

Stop trying to hold boards back, either get with the programme or jump back on your broom!

Does it hurt? Having Facefúck's puppetmaster's hand up your arse?
    cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Take it to Faceback

Yeah you joke now but wait until you see the new "improved" :rolleyes: resolution center* they'll bring in. "We value your feedback.... as long as it's positive." Everything else gets deleted.

*American spelling intended

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I think I'll actually jizz myself with excitement if the superpoke feature gets introduced here.

Look at the situation the country is in at the moment, any company taking any kind of interest in any kind of irish business is a good thing, stop thinking about yourself, you bunch of whiney children. Grow up.

I thought this was a good thing until I seen this post. Now I know it's a great thing. They finally managed to get rid of you. Good riddance.

Ah they're all coming out of the woodwork now. You've already been indoctrinated. Speak out against "The Good Book" and you're told to fúck off.

Integrity. You has none.

I would thank that post but it looks like that privilege has been revoked for me. I guess that's how the new order on Boards treats dissenting voices.

Or maybe it's the first feature to go subscription only. I wouldn't be one bit surprised although I expected them to wait a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Will mods be getting any shares or anything out of this deal??

After all we've put alot of our time into this site too for nothing!! Without compensation I think alot of us will be quitting!!

Next Mods beers in Vegas IMO, I'd say that could be the only way to keep us on board!!!

Not cool Dev + the other sell-outs, Not cool at all!!!

Advertisement