Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Facebook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ste05 wrote: »
    Will mods be getting any shares or anything out of this deal??

Some of them will:
    Jules wrote: »
    Not all the mods are quitting, some of us have some loyalties.
    I thought this was a good thing until I seen this post. Now I know it's a great thing. They finally managed to get rid of you. Good riddance.
    Raphael wrote: »
    That's fantastic, look forward to seeing where this takes us!
    GuanYin wrote: »
    I like how when you log into facebook, if you have the same e-mail you used to register with boards, it automatically adds the boards.ie box to your profile :)
    sceptre wrote: »
    Guys, I can see some of you are a tad miffed about this but isn't it worth seeing what's going to happen with the site and the user data before going off in a huff about it?

I mean, it's not like any of us have contributed all that much really. And there's only so much that the admins can do with the hardware they currently have.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

javaboy wrote: »
    Ah they're all coming out of the woodwork now. You've already been indoctrinated. Speak out against "The Good Book" and you're told to fúck off.

Integrity. You has none.

I can't wait to see Mark Zuckerberg come and ban your ass. It'll be so satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Fuck it. Mod your own forum. Make money off someone elses back. *****.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I thought this was a good thing until I seen this post. Now I know it's a great thing. They finally managed to get rid of you. Good riddance.

Awwww, not quite happy with being a Cmod, still trying to get your tongue up far enough to get Smod? With all that shite on your tongue I'm surprised you can still taste the bitterness you sycophant

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

funk-you wrote: »
    Fuck it. Mod your own forum. Make money off someone elses back. *****.

-Funk

You dropped your toys. Want me to put them back into your pram for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I personally love Mark FuckaBorg. I don't see your problem. Facefook will only make the boards' owners site richer.

orestes wrote: »
    wah wah wah wah

Sorry I didn't quite catch that with all your whining.

Sorry I didn't quite catch that with all your whining.

Yeah, not surprised your having trouble hearing with an admins thighs pressed against your ears

Awwww, not quite happy with being a Cmod, still trying to get your tongue up far enough to get Smod? With all that shite on your tongue I'm surprised you can still taste the bitterness you sycophant

I'm posting to thank you since the powers that be have disabled it for me.

Death by a thousand paper cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah, not surprised your having trouble hearing with an admins thighs pressed against your ears
    Hang on a minute - he's got the admin's thighs pressed against his ears and his tongue up their ass?
    Erm...

300px-Licker0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

You dropped your toys. Want me to put them back into your pram for you?

Nah keep em. They'll keep you entertained while the admins are off polishing their butlers and you've no asses to kiss. How can you possibly think this is a good thing for a "community" like this?

-Funk

javaboy wrote: »
    I'm posting to thank you since the powers that be have disabled it for me.

Death by a thousand paper cuts.

I wish they'd disable your posting rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Macros42 wrote: »
    Always knew you fucs were in it for the long con. Admins are bastards. But as usual I'll just bend over and take it up the ass for the "community".
    Since when did you need an excuse?! :rolleyes:

And ffs could ye not at least have sold out to Bebo?! Facebook is populated with hasbeens and neverweres ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Can non-mods reply to this thread?? :pac:

Oh no! I won't be able to post on FaceBoards. Did they at least use lube? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wish they'd skull**** you so that you'd be unable to speak. You seem to love up the ass so it's a logical progression, no? Like Boards.ie selling a piece to Daft so that they can reeaaallly bring in the dough from these ****s. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like it. It says my profession under my avatar now. I've always wanted that to be listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Should throw this in AH tbh. I, eh, also am very displeased with this move.

*suppresses giggles*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Seriously guys, just go and sleep on it, its 3am, we are all tired and shocked by this news. It will be easier to get around in the morning.

Well done to the boards team for this step forward.

Seriously guys, just go and sleep on it, its 3am, we are all tired and shocked by this news. It will be easier to get around in the morning.

Well done to the boards team for this step forward.

Ordinarily I would go to bed to sleep, but after this I feel like I may aswell just go upstairs drop my cacks and bend over

If you want some lube I think javaboy has some, cos apparently they didn't use any when they fukkked him either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This is part of the reason I have taken a step back in the past few months, good luck to Faceboards in the future I guess..

Ruu wrote: »
    This is part of the reason I have taken a step back in the past few months, good luck to Faceboards in the future I guess..

At least you took a step back on your own terms before you were pushed. I guess they didn't want you to read what went on in the Smod forum.

You should have spoken up sooner though. If enough people had got wind of this crap, we might have been able to do something.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    I think Margaret Mead must have seen this coming.

But it's too late now. The contract's been signed... in the blood of the joe soap users.

Ruu wrote: »

Plus, it must surely be the reason behind Vexorg's sudden departure. At least he had a bit of class, unlike the other hungry *****.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Plus, it must surely be the reason behind Vexorg's sudden departure. At least he had a bit of class, unlike the other hungry *****.

You can't put a price on that kind of integrity.

This constant sniping at the admins really doesn't reflect well on you. To think I used to respect you quite a lot. Boards has a membership of 100,000 odd people, facebook has a membership of 100 million odd people. The extra volume of traffic could this deal could bring about can really help boards expand. This won't destroy boards, it'll make it better and more diverse.

This constant sniping at the admins really doesn't reflect well on you. To think I used to respect you quite a lot. Boards has a membership of 100,000 odd people, facebook has a membership of 100 million odd people. The extra volume of traffic could this deal could bring about can really help boards expand. This won't destroy boards, it'll make it better and more diverse.

I used to respect the (old) owners of this site too. :(

I used to respect the (old) owners of this site too. :(

They still own quite a sizeable share of the site. I imagine and hope facebook and zuckerberg will let the admins run the place as they see fit and only introduce changes once the admins agree that it would be beneficial to the site (like the new theme which I think is pretty cool).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Can we lock this thread please, its gotten completely out of hand. Some people need to pull their heads outta their arses and see the glass half full, not empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ste05 wrote: »
    Next Mods beers in Vegas IMO, I'd say that could be the only way to keep us on board!!!

You should promote Hawkeye to some mod position if you's really want to have a good time.

• Advertisement

Can we lock this thread please, its gotten completely out of hand. Some people need to pull their heads outta their arses and see the glass half full, not empty.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT - LETS SHUT DOWN NEGATIVE OPINIONS!!

Best get used to it of course, facebook will revel in such tactics. :mad:

Advertisement