Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Facebook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

TBH we should have seen this coming. Ever since Dev became a "professional" boardsie its all become about the "business plan" and the "growth industry". Just never thought it would go so far as a complete sell out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would of preferred a merger with Twitter. That way all the posts would only be 140 characters long.

I don't even use facebook. Is that something for teenage girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

And what's with the blue colour for faceboard.ie - why don't we add a bit of red and white as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

**** this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Jules wrote: »
    Not all the mods are quitting, some of us have some loyalties.

Loyalty to what exactly?

Anyone who thinks that Boards is the same site it was 2 years ago is an idiot!

I know its a business now but its a real slap in the face to the people who've invested time and contributed to this site. I know there are full time staff now and the admins but if they think the hours they've put in would even be noticed compared to what the users have done for this site then they are up their own asses.

I can see why so many long term Boardsies have left in the last while, they must have had an idea of what was coming.

I'm out.

• Advertisement

To add something else.

I'm sure Boards have taken in subscriptions in the last while since knowing about this deal. Seeing as most people subscribe to "give back" as opposed to gain the great features associated with subbing :rolleyes: its a real kick in the face.

Well done lads, you've wiped your holes with the people who put you were you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Don't be so ridiculous. With the way the law works in Ireland, the admins saw a fantastic opportunity to partner boards.ie with a global entity for protection. Things will change, sure, but it'll be for the better. Things will be slicker for starters (no more database fallovers and you won't notice the backup every night for instance!)

Facebook have shown over the last while that they dont give 2 fcuks about their users in the last while - they dont listen to them .... yeah I can see now how Boards.ie is becoming well suited to that.

Slicker my ass btw. I presume all the downtime in the last while has been down to getting things ready for this takeover (cos thats what it is like it or not).

If its not broke dont fix it ... unless you can make a quick buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

6th wrote: »
    Loyalty to what exactly?.

I'm out.
    :eek:What happened to your dream of senior modship...you could have become global

Asiaprod wrote: »
    :eek:What happened to your dream of senior modship...you could have become global

In fairness as loltastic as that is I genuinely couldnt assosiate myself with a site that so royaly fcuks over its users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I heard that all the Mods namechanges lately were because Facebook likes a wider audience and wanted some tranny's as mods so Terry became Trinny and Smashey became Susannah etc.

I'm all for it. The next pic Terry poses for he will be forced to wear a faceboards themed Hula Skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

In fairness as loltastic as that is I genuinely couldnt assosiate myself with a site that so royaly fcuks over its users.
    Well, I respect a man for his principles. You should reconsider, it is for the greater good.

Will it be tomorrow before all these resignations take effect, or will we see a few mods dethroned today?

I demand to see it today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Will it be tomorrow before all these resignations take effect, or will we see a few mods dethroned today?

I'm hoping for today. Sellouts.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

To Tom Murphy "Devore"

I assume the email you sent me in the early hours of the morning was due to this change?

If you can you inform me when you plan on closing the commercial interaction forums so that our finance know? We have payed up till May and we will be due back funds.

I have tried to email you, but there is no reply as of yet.

funk-you wrote: »
    I'm hoping for today. Sellouts.

-Funk
    Shall we start with you funk-you. You're not a subscriber so there would be no major deal deleting your account and unregistering.

To the guillotine with you

Seems you got what you asked for and the admins dont like people speaking out (no freedom of speach and all that crap).

Anyway I've lost my stars, can't access modutilities in the forums I mod and dont have access to the mod forum. After the backup tonight the forums under my name will be gone too.

Couldnt happen soon enough for me.

Seriously some of the people on here are sound and I'll no doubt miss the ease of interacting with them but I meet with so many now in real life that Boards just isnt a nessessity for me any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Shall we start with you ****-you. You're not a subscriber so there would be no major deal deleting your account and unregistering.

To the guillotine with you

Go for it.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Seriously, Is there a way to keep your facebook account seperate from youir boards account??

Surely an individual user has a choice as to whether he/she wants them linked??

If not, that really kinda sucks to be honest, and is a serious intrusion.

I for one would like to keep mine seperate; How do I do that?

Seems you got what you asked for and the admins dont like people speaking out (no freedom of speach and all that crap).

Anyway I've lost my stars, can't access modutilities in the forums I mod and dont have access to the mod forum. After the backup tonight the forums under my name will be gone too.

Couldnt happen soon enough for me.

Seriously some of the people on here are sound and I'll no doubt miss the ease of interacting with them but I meet with so many now in real life that Boards just isnt a nessessity for me any more.
    I agree 6th.

Lets all contribute our subscriptions and buy a pub where we can meet up in person. This will of course require some armour to be bought for the keyboards warriers who won't be able to get by in a real life situation, but these are just minor technical matters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

:eek:

:mad:

*hangs up mod hat*

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You're such a f*cking drama queen, 6th!

I'll happilly take up your forums. In fact I reckon I can juggle up 20 forums by myself. We don't need as many mods as we have.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

McKomplett wrote: »
    To Tom Murphy "Devore"

I assume the email you sent me in the early hours of the morning was due to this change?

If you can you inform me when you plan on closing the commercial interaction forums so that our finance know? We have payed up till May and we will be due back funds.

I have tried to email you, but there is no reply as of yet.
    We'll be reviewing those contracts over the next couple of weeks. Since the contracting parties have changed, we'll probably have to come to some sort of mutual get-out arrangement. I'd imagine the back funds you're claiming are probably going to be absorbed and will likely be untraceable.

That's the unfortunate nature of these things, sometimes.

You're such a f*cking drama queen, 6th!

I'll happilly take up your forums. In fact I reckon I can juggle up 20 forums by myself. We don't need as many mods as we have.

In fairness you stopped giving a fcuk about the community a long time ago so I'm not surprised. I'm sure you had a heads up anyway with your nice cozy interview with DeVore for the TV.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This is not good news at all! So boards.ie is no longer in charge of itself? We're just a pawn for that massive pool of basterds who wanted to steal our pictures? :eek::mad:

And **** those opportunistic daft ***** who came in to profit of us. You sold us out Dev!! :(

I resign.
    orestes wrote: »
    Fukk this, I signed up to mod forums on boards, a community I care about, not to be a cog in the machinery of an Orwellian fukking nightmare!

Demod me and siteban me, I have no further business on this site.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    FÚCK THAT.

It was bad enough when you bastards sprung the deal with daft.ie on us and now this. I trusted you, I listen to you Dev and regi when you took the time to
    explain to me how things were to be as you wanted staff for this site and
    wanted to be sure there was a enough money for a pay roll and now this ?

And what they hell have your fúcking staff done anyway other then faff about asking inane questions and screwing things up.

and now this, all of a sudden you have all turned into corporate whores.
    Was sucking Daft.ie dick such a natural thing for you all that you just
    rolled over and took it up the ass from facebook ?

Fúck you all you shower of greedy cock mongers, I have had enough abuse
    of all the small minded misogynistic bastards on this site, so much for your
    altruism or was that just another petty false promise to keep us all looking the wrong way while you did this.

I quit.

I want to be removed from all my forums I will cause a bigger shít storm then par or amp did.

I know where you fúcking live Dev you need not think you and the other jizz gargling admins are getting away with this.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This is not good news at all! So boards.ie is no longer in charge of itself? We're just a pawn for that massive pool of basterds who wanted to steal our pictures? :eek::mad:

And **** those opportunistic daft ***** who came in to profit of us. You sold us out Dev!! :(

I resign.
    orestes wrote: »
    Fukk this, I signed up to mod forums on boards, a community I care about, not to be a cog in the machinery of an Orwellian fukking nightmare!

Demod me and siteban me, I have no further business on this site.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    FÚCK THAT.

It was bad enough when you bastards sprung the deal with daft.ie on us and now this. I trusted you, I listen to you Dev and regi when you took the time to
    explain to me how things were to be as you wanted staff for this site and
    wanted to be sure there was a enough money for a pay roll and now this ?

And what they hell have your fúcking staff done anyway other then faff about asking inane questions and screwing things up.

and now this, all of a sudden you have all turned into corporate whores.
    Was sucking Daft.ie dick such a natural thing for you all that you just
    rolled over and took it up the ass from facebook ?

Fúck you all you shower of greedy cock mongers, I have had enough abuse
    of all the small minded misogynistic bastards on this site, so much for your
    altruism or was that just another petty false promise to keep us all looking the wrong way while you did this.

I quit.

I want to be removed from all my forums I will cause a bigger shít storm then par or amp did.

I know where you fúcking live Dev you need not think you and the other jizz gargling admins are getting away with this.
    I thought this was a good thing until I seen this post. Now I know it's a great thing. They finally managed to get rid of you. Good riddance.
    funk-you wrote: »
    Fuck it. Mod your own forum. Make money off someone elses back. *****.

-Funk
    LoLth wrote: »
    ok, i've hada chance to think about it and I have to say tha tI'm very very sad about this.

I've been here since the beginning of quake.ie and could boards and it was always a fun community. I've never signed up to bebo or facebook or any other commercial "community" because I think they are a load of crap tbh.

Dev, you really should have asked the mods their opinions of this.
    I quit as mod of webmaster because I saw my career as a conflict of interests. This time its a matter of principle. Sorry lads, I wont be attending any future mods beers and I'm quitting as catmod/mod.

best of luck with the future. If the users thought the mods were harsh before, the guidelines for face* communities are a lot less forgiving and I for one do not relish the opportunity to**** over my fellow boardsies in return for a paycheck.

really really am disappointed with the admins on this one :(
    Loyalty to what exactly?

Anyone who thinks that Boards is the same site it was 2 years ago is an idiot!

I know its a business now but its a real slap in the face to the people who've invested time and contributed to this site. I know there are full time staff now and the admins but if they think the hours they've put in would even be noticed compared to what the users have done for this site then they are up their own asses.

I can see why so many long term Boardsies have left in the last while, they must have had an idea of what was coming.

I'm out.
    Dord wrote: »
    :eek:

:mad:

*hangs up mod hat*

:(

All these mods should be demodded today!

VIVA LA FACEBOARDS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

In fairness you stopped giving a fcuk about the community a long time ago so I'm not surprised. I'm sure you had a heads up anyway with your nice cozy interview with DeVore for the TV.

You've got that the wrong way around. I'm clearly one of the mosted trusted members of this community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

VIVA LA FACEBOARDS!!!

I'd love to see it actually happening. Half of them should **** off anyway.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

VIVA LA FACEBOARDS!!!
    There's something brown on your nose, Q :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Seriously, Is there a way to keep your facebook account seperate from youir boards account??

Surely an individual user has a choice as to whether he/she wants them linked??

If not, that really kinda sucks to be honest, and is a serious intrusion.

I for one would like to keep mine seperate; How do I do that?

^^ This please. I also don't want my accounts linked. There's obviously private non-boards related stuff on FB that I don't want associated with here.

Can someone provide some clarification on how this inter-mingle or don't as the case may be. I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if this has already been discussed/explained.

• Advertisement

You've got that the wrong way around. I'm clearly one of the mosted trusted members of this community.

Dont get my wrong G, you're a decent bloke (PIGs FTW) but I think you only give a crap if the admins trust you and dont give a flying fcuk about the regular users. I know we had a chat after the Pirate Ninja Treasure Hunt FAIL-fest and you were seriously let down by a few people - I dont really blame you for turning your back in a way.

Advertisement