Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Facebook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Kiera wrote: »
    There's something brown on your nose, Q :rolleyes:
    With all these resignations there might be a few modships going. If I can convince enough I might even make SMod :D. Worse case scenario is that there will be a mix up and there will be forums left with no mods and then we can all wreak havoc.

I'm off to magic & ilussion this very minute.

So who else is leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

For the record Boards.ie online advertising and Facebook advertising are now going through the same media agents. I work in advertising and am having luch with a lad from there today ... if I can still post later I'll update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Really over the top reactions from some people here, people I thought I knew and all. :rolleyes:

Look, guys, when Daft came on board, you all screamed blue murder. Nothing Changed

When the Community Managers came on Board, most of the same people were on about "stepping down", "not being ruled by people on the payroll", yeah, a grand total of NONE of you actually stepped down, so forgive me if I don't actually believe you when you "demand" to be de-modded. You all know when push comes to shove you won't let go of your "powah" so easily :rolleyes:

It's the next step.

Web3.0 if you will.

I look forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

With all this extra money does this mean DeVore can now afford to add the other three letters to his name when his signs off his post

DeVore

Saibh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'll take whatever forums no one wants anymore.

Alas! All this biding my time has been paying off. Soon I will Mod ALL the forums on Faceboards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Des wrote: »
    Really over the top reactions from some people here, people I thought I knew and all. :rolleyes:

Look, guys, when Daft came on board, you all screamed blue murder. Nothing Changed

When the Community Managers came on Board, most of the same people were on about "stepping down", "not being ruled by people on the payroll", yeah, a grand total of NONE of you actually stepped down, so forgive me if I don't actually believe you when you "demand" to be de-modded. You all know when push comes to shove you won't let go of your "powah" so easily :rolleyes:

It's the next step.

Web3.0 if you will.

I look forward to it.

Agreed,i'm currently looking into my options and whats going on down the road. Once we've heard them out fully we can decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Grrr @ censorship. Could atleast have PM'd me just cause you didn't like what I had to say.

The terror has begun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think some good points have been made by people on both sides. So much so that I have actually run out of thanks.

If there were some sort of application where I could purchase extra thanks using US Dollars American that would be pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

OK this is ridiculous. I only found out about this through a colleague ... one of the lads in here had his boss going through his facebook account just there and started following through to the boards.ie threads he had posted on previously.

He just had a "chat" quizzing him on why he likes to make fun of special needs kids and what's so funny about bears looking menacingly at children.

Seriously, invasion of privacy. Like, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

WindSock wrote: »
    I'll take whatever forums no one wants anymore.

Alas! All this biding my time has been paying off. Soon I will Mod ALL the forums on Faceboards.

I think a faceboards forum would be a great idea. Where we could all discuss the goings on within the faceboards community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

With all these resignations there might be a few modships going. If I can convince enough I might even make SMod :D. Worse case scenario is that there will be a mix up and there will be forums left with no mods and then we can all wreak havoc.

I'm off to magic & ilussion this very minute.

So who else is leaving?

Mmm..If I stay I might move up the ranks a bit(eh Q?)
    If I go I might miss something.
    Maybe I'll fence-sit for a while Quazzie, see what's on offer.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thats the sound of my reassuring smugness reminding me that i am indeed smarter then 95% of posters on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Earthhorse wrote: »
    If there were some sort of application where I could purchase extra thanks using US Dollars American that would be pretty sweet.

In fairness if DeVore sees a chance to make a few extra quid I think he'll jump at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This thread is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

2/10

Wonders never cease

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jazzy wrote: »
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thats the sound of my reassuring smugness reminding me that i am indeed smarter then 95% of posters on this site

After that post, I seriously doubt it ;)

Jazzy wrote: »
    95% of posters on this site

95% of the posters on this site roughly equates to Mike65

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We are also doing a Boards mobile-phone micro-blogging site.

www.bitter.com !

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Bitter.ie has a nice ring to it I must say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

win. :)

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »

www.bitter.com !

DeV.
    Well there is plenty of bitter to go around on this thread so I'd go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

This thread is so made of Win....particuarly when bitter was announced :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Zeroy, I actually agree and we will try to accomodate your request, however we cant allow your comments, which are negative to Facebook or Faceboards, to remain on the site due to the details of our agreement. Sorry, my hands are tied.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Excellent thread. Devore, I salute you, Sir. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I hate widgets

I hate widgets
    They'll be fine.... you'll have to pick 5 for the front page.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

DeVore wrote: »

www.bitter.com !

DeV.

I revise my original ranking, thats worth at least 7 more points

9/10 :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Aren't widgets thouse things in the bottom of Guinness cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Congrats Tom and Co. It still amazes me to this day that a message board site borne out of a small Quake community over 10 years ago has reached such starry heights and I'm glad that I've been a part of it since its inception. I hope it all works out for you and that the Boards.ie website as we all know and love doesn't change too much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Faceboards.ie members

I'd ask Faceboards.ie members to stop emailing us queries about the merger, the proposed developments of Faceboards.ie, the introduction of photos and accounts and job applications.

Until an official annoucement is made, the Community Managers remain under a strict Non Disclosure Agreement. The Faceboards.ie press office will be issuing any announcements through Mr DeVore at stages throughout the day.

Once the Facebook Culture Induction is over next week, Dav and I will be in far better a position to appropriately introduce you to the amendments to charters, new Moderator powers and authorities and the new integration features that head office is requesting.

Two points of clarification, based on the frequency the questions are asked:

1. If you do not have a Facebook account, you are, at the current time, under no obligation to open one. Similarly for anonymous posters, you are under no obligation at this time to merge your Facebook and Faceboards.ie accounts.

2. Any posts made in Personal or Relationship Issues will probably not be attached to your Facebook account. You are reminded that because this is a public forum, there is a chance that your personal friends may recognise some of the details of posts, but Faceboards.ie is committed to protecting your identity and will continue to work with head office to ensure your privacy is maintained.

We thank all moderators who have resigned for their feedback, for the sterling service they have offered us to date and wish them the very best in the future.

We'll be happy to answer all queries about the merger in the next few days. Today however we continue to work to make www.faceboards.ie the best online community in Ireland and beyond.

Thank you

Darragh
    Faceboards.ie Community Manager

Advertisement