Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Facebook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The price of coke on the rise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Thaed and 6th both gone. All we need now is for Beruthial to step down and it will be perfect.

Had a sleep on this and still think its an awesome idea, all the nay-sayers should just scramble their passwords and **** back off to the creche where they came from!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Faceboards....lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And today is???
    Good one all the same :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Dustaz wrote: »
    I revise my original ranking, thats worth at least 7 more points

9/10 :)

its actually amazing how much i hate u dustaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Presumably this is an April's Fool joke?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jules wrote: »
    Thaed and 6th both gone. All we need now is for Beruthial to step down and it will be perfect.

I already have in the Mod forum.
    I detest sites like facebook and bebo.

Oh, and what do you mean by 'perfect'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

www.faceboards.ie is not blocked by my Proxy in work

Woo Hoo, happy days

Can we keep it, can we, can we :D
    *I am aware that I may only be able to doss on Boards in work for today only and this makes me sad*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

On a serious note I wonder how many people don't get the joke and will actually walk away from boards today and not return for the revelation that it was all a joke tomorrow. Maybe the admins might look into organizing an email sent to everyone that was logged on today to let them know it was a joke.

WHOOOSH!!, and like that this post was deleted, but not before the point was taken onboards hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Jazzy wrote: »
    its actually amazing how much i hate u dustaz

You just hate my madskillz

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nah no deletions now... its nearly midday when its traditional to "reveal" April Fools and the game is up anyway.

Many thanks to the people who played along (some of whom were caught to begin with and then were poacher-turned-gamekeepers) and to the people who saw the funny side of it.

Particular thanks to Ross for the extra work in making the site and Gordon for the Faceboards logo (which totally rocks) and the smods for dropping hints and managing this thread.

I really quite like the site so we'll leave it there I think, or make the skin available for use.

Facebook.... really.... :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Was there any serious "down with this sort of thing" posts?

oh man just when i was about to go postal on beruthial!

/thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Dammit! I was just about to post that I though it odd that Mark Zuckerberg had made a press release but that it wasn't posted on the Facebook blog. http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?blog_id=company&m=3&y=2009

on the 1st of April....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Theres always one that gets totally sucked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I am a God.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

www.faceboards.ie is not blocked by my Proxy in work

Woo Hoo, happy days

Can we keep it, can we, can we :D
    *I am aware that I may only be able to doss on Boards in work for today only and this makes me sad*

Thanks. Just added it to the blocked list in my office (except for me, obviously)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.
    That may come back to haunt you down the line. Well ya never know....:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I doubt anyone will admit to it.

It'll all be "that rabid foaming at the mouth, resigning stuff was just me playing along"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Nah no deletions now... its nearly midday when its traditional to "reveal" April Fools and the game is up anyway.

Many thanks to the people who played along (some of whom were caught to begin with and then were poacher-turned-gamekeepers) and to the people who saw the funny side of it.

Particular thanks to Ross for the extra work in making the site and Gordon for the Faceboards logo (which totally rocks) and the smods for dropping hints and managing this thread.

I really quite like the site so we'll leave it there I think, or make the skin available for use.

DeV.
    The time frame for the thread on the opening post (it's gone now) was a bit of a giveaway.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Theres always one that gets totally sucked in!
    A lot more than you think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Has the politics thread in helpdesk been uncovered yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was fun. Going waaaaaaaaaayyyy out of character to personally abuse people with bad language was interesting! :)

thank god i have a thick skin... some of those comments were harsh dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love how some people are coming in here and pretending they knew it was a joke all along. There was a lot of jumping on the bandwagon. 'OMG [insert name of popular poster here] disapproves. I must do the same!'

Man up people, admit that you were caught! :D

hand on heart for about 10 seconds i was like no ****ing way but then i read the "press release" and noticed the "?" link... i lol'ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

DeV.

Hang on - you mean this was a JOKE??! We're NOT going to California for an induction course next week? We haven't got shares in Facebook.com? We don't get an extra coke and hookers allowance?? :eek::eek:

DeVore!! Ah jaysis. I was already to blog it and everything :(:mad:

Down with this sort of thing I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That was fun. Going waaaaaaaaaayyyy out of character to personally abuse people with bad language was interesting! :)

Out of character ?

Lollers.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I love how some people are coming in here and pretending they knew it was a joke all along. There was a lot of jumping on the bandwagon. 'OMG [insert name of popular poster here] disapproves. I must do the same!'

Man up people, admit that you were caught! :D

Well, I knew what was going on. Proof. ;)

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Out of character ?

Lollers.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Or, I see what I did there to be more accurate. :)

Advertisement