Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games you play when youre drunk?!?

• 01-04-2009 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

What games do you end up playing when youre wasted and why?, (in any way).
    Me and my mates usually end up playin halo 3,
    lots of things to look at...
    sometimes you've lost all your skills and laugh at yourself,
    and thrashing people online... good stuff..

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Almost always Fifa tbh - You start trying to audacious at all times and you can have immaculate games as easily as you can be hockeyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Guitar hero is a personal fav of mine, the more the drink the easier expert becomes:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Bankshot Billiards on the arcade for me. Plenty of time to keep supping the beverages between shots! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Has to be Guitar Hero right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Rock Band - it's the only time anyone wants to sing. Drums can be a bit tricky tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

GH.

Tried Mirrors Edge over the weekend..came back to it the next day and had no recollection of even buying it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I usually bring the wii the the drunken house parties. By far the most played game is Bomberman '93 although wii sports, mario kart and soul calibur 2 get a lot of play and Boom Blox is a new favourite. I've tryied getting them into smash bros. brawl but the girls can't handle it. Hoping to next time to bring the 360 since I've got SF2HD remix, street fighter 3 and Street Fighter IV now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah it was always GH for me until my 21st when I was wailing out to the sweet child of mine solo and ended up with a plate and 7 pins in my leg (Don't ask):D
    So nowadays its rock band on drums so I can sit down and not end up injuring myself again. (Damn you Jim beam)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Halo 3 while roaring at the Americans to get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Driving games. I'm usually faster. Well, up to a point of drunkeness, after that it's all just stuck in the tyre-walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hoping to next time to bring the 360 since I've got SF2HD remix, street fighter 3 and Street Fighter IV now :)

SF is great for a few beers and a laugh amogst mates.
    I can confirm though that played squinting through one eye after a skinful is not as fun an experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Played Dead Space hammered on Saturday....regretted it immensely, my lovely little "three save files" system went right out the window and I wound up with a save that threw me into a battle with the big regenerating fecker having no health or weapons....took a day to rectify that one!!

Racing games are the best drunk IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

pro evo 6 with the lads in the horrors ,ya can either end up as an expert or get hammered in every game depending on the level of drunkenness ,plus the guff and abuse youd be screaming at each other/the game when you fcuk up something is unreal lol good times

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was utterly rat arsed at a Sony party in the Gamesworld shop on Liffey street.
    The Playstation was only out here a year or so and they had a couple running in the shop.
    One had Wipeout on it and no one else was playing so I started to give it a blast, being quite handy on it at home.
    I cleared it!
    Yup, I was surprised too, I finished the championship in the game top to bottom, I was immensly proud of myself but unfortunately no one else seemed interested, nevertheless I was delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

CoD4 online is fun, great chats with the yanks "A real drunk irishman, doooood that's so awesome!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

CoD4 online is the best when i'm drunk :D I end up Killing everyone XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Madworld for the Wii. Booze & ultraviolence = win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Soul Caliber II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hide the sausage if I'm lucky, but usually spank the monkey:(

Can't beat a bit of guitar hero too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A-Trak wrote: »
    SF is great for a few beers and a laugh amogst mates.
    I can confirm though that played squinting through one eye after a skinful is not as fun an experience.

Yeah but before that we had to play using the SNES versions on the Wii and the GC controllers which are horrendous. I used the saturn once which was much better but it's a pain bringing that down since it's jap and needs a convertor and some people have old TVs it won't work on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I played Fallout 3 once when i was locked...eh...basicly murdered EVERYONE in Rivet City....and saved it...god :O

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

left 4 dead is epic, especially with people who dont like xbox, no explaining, just shotgun and fire as much as possible, brilliant.

when im by mysself after a bit of a drinky night, cod 4 is deadly, start singing rebel songs, americans dunno whats goin on

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I always saw drunk gaming as a great advertisement against drink driving. I tried CS one night after only a few pints (2 or 3 max) and got absolutely trounced even though I didn't feel drunk at all.

I played a few games of FIFA recently under the influence and regretted it after 3 or 4 staight defeats. I try to avoid playing after a few these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rover45

i luv gta4 its just so much fun crashin into ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Fight Night Round 3 all the way! new one is going to be epic:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

mega drive collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭zoos

Lips
    great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Guitar Hero 2. Has to be. Unreal game.