Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT: READ! NO DISCUSSION OF BRIAN COWEN

Options
  • 28-03-2009 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

I've edited this post in here on top in the afternoon of April 1.

As some people easily guessed, this was an April Fools. So was GuanYin's banning, which both of us thought added a bit to the possibility of it being taken seriously (actually, I'm not sure we're sure now which of the "No Cowen" or "GY is banned" was the primary April Fools joke and which was the supporting act but either way, muahahaha)

Normal service has resumed, and yes, you can of course make reference to our current Taoiseach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Due to a letter received by boards.ie two days ago, we have been instructed by the Admins and SMODS that discussion of Brian Cowen on Boards.ie politics forum is not allowed.

Any thread, post or reference to Brian Cowen will be deleted immediately and the user perm banned from politics.

I'm not particularly happy about this, but for the moment these are the guidelines for discussion in the Politics forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

GuanYin wrote: »
    Due to a letter received by boards.ie two days ago, we have been instructed by the Admins and SMODS that discussion of Brian Cowen on Boards.ie politics forum is not allowed.

Any thread, post or reference to Brian Cowen will be deleted immediately and the user perm banned from politics.

I'm not particularly happy about this, but for the moment these are the guidelines for discussion in the Politics forum.

april fools?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

April fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,442 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

....but we can still rip the piss out of him over on AH, right?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    ....but we can still rip the piss out of him over on AH, right?

Not according to the PM DeV sent me but you know what? I couldn't care less after seeing this Facebook sham. Go nuts for all I care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Post reported.

Just because it's April Fools, doesn't mean people don't act like idiots.

It isn't actually April 1st where I am.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59640265&posted=1#post59640265

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

But can we go back to taking the piss out of him on April 2? We can? Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If this isnt April fools then i will loose all respect i had for boards.ie (and i currently have ALOT of respect for this site, nearly as much respect as my own mother:D)

But can we go back to taking the piss out of him on April 2? We can? Excellent.

You can, you won't get another post on the forum if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

GuanYin wrote: »

Are there actually any posters in Politics who haven't mentioned ***** ***** :confused:??

Let sceptre go and rmove them all.. he's "all powerful" and it's his forum. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

This is pretty crazy. I'm very surprised. Let's just wait and see how this pans out.

IN CASE PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE READING.....

breaking rules in politics = ban.

Just because I don't like a rule, doesn't mean I won't enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm not going to discuss this here for now - it's late and for some reason GuanYin is making an issue of it on the Help Desk so that's taking up my time. Perfectly reasonable for GuanYin to air views on it on the Help Desk obviously, it's the most appropriate place and thanks for not making an issue of it here.

Leaving this open so people can put forward their views in a reasonable way but any references to Mr Cowen will be deleted from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

censorship....more evidence as if it were needed that we live in a police state.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think its bull**** that a letter was written to boards asking them not to discuss it in the first place, but i fully understand them deciding to enforce the rule.

But what if we have good things to say about "he who shall not be named" ;)
    ;)

hussey wrote: »
    But what if we have good things to say about "he who shall not be named" ;)
    ;)
    Well that's the thing. If, say, some random person called Voldemort does good things, there's always the option of referring to "the government" (but not "The Taoiseach")

So this isn't an April fools joke??
    Helpdesk thread seems way to serious ...

so basically Cult needs to write a script like
    reply.replace("Taoiseach", "the government");
    and filter all posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

So this isn't an April fools joke??
    Helpdesk thread seems way to serious ...

I thought so until I saw this:
    bans.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

GuanYin's been banned now?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is Mary Harney still fair game?

Archimedes wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055527178

Had no choice really.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Yes. Unfortunate but as hussey said, no other option.

javaboy wrote: »
    I thought so until I saw this:
    bans.jpg

what does tard mean in this context?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Wow, she completely lost it. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

This preoccupation with image is getting more outlandish by the day. If 'some people' could learn to laugh at themselves, they may find they would be far more popular. ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Offalycool wrote: »
    This preoccupation with image is getting more outlandish by the day. If 'some people' could learn to laugh at themselves, they may find they would be far more popular. ;)

Shut it brian

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

OMG, it should be funny it this wasn't so serious.
    I understand why but to be bullied in such a fashion is a shame.

Zanu FF strikes again. What next, cant mention any Cabinet Minister, Junior Minister, TD, Political party... where will it stop.

You know that this is going to make the National Press, right, and the precident this sets?

Welcome to pravda.ie:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement