Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cowen Censorship

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Why have we been forced into censorship without due discussion? Whats the point in having a politics forum if you're going to allow every expensive legal team to shut you down?

Very unhappy about this!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055527176

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I know you're annoyed about this (you said as much by PM in the past two days since I told you about it) but based on the letter received and the advice that came from the boards solicitors, in the short-term this is the option that most protects the site. We've already had to delete a few threads over it and to be honest it's the same advice that was received after the affair with the concert promoters.

This really could have been discussed by PM you know. Not that there's anything wrong with starting a help desk thread about it I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

sceptre wrote: »
    I know you're annoyed about this (you said as much by PM in the past two days since I told you about it) but based on the letter received and the advice that came from the boards solicitors, in the short-term this is the option that most protects the site.

I'm annoyed when people make decisions my fora without me. I know you SMODS have control of the place now, but at least before my input would be listened to. Instead you discuss it in your smods forum and ignore the threads I started in Politics mod.

Whats he point in having a politics forum where you can't talk politics.
    We've already had to delete a few threads over it and to be honest it's the same advice that was received after the affair with the concert promoters.
    Yeah, yeah, and politic.ie... I read the mail, of course now every person who doesn't want boards.ie discussing them knows what to do.
    This really could have been discussed by PM you know. Not that there's anything wrong with starting a help desk thread about it I suppose.
    I tried, I was ignored.

Actually screw this, I'm sick of you undermining me on Politics and I notice that you're always first to respond to soccer complaints.

I'd rather have an admin reply to me please, or at least someone who isn't constantly trying to have me removed.

I don't think it's fair to say that the smods have control of the place. That just isn't true and I'd expect better than that from you to be honest. And don't discuss matters that have come up on the politics mod forum, it's private for good reason.

Politics can still be discussed on the forum. It's just issues concerning Brian Cowen that can't be discussed. Obviously this is a restriction that we'd like to lift as soon as possible but at the moment our hands are tied. End of. Sure, it'll cause difficulties for the users but after a while it's just something that they'll get used to. And as a politics mod you know we'll need all hands on deck on this one as both the resular politics users and any newbies or occasional users will have to be made aware, with tough love if necessary.

I can't understand why you're so annoyed about this. It's not that big a deal ffs.

And don't discuss matters that have come up on the politics mod forum, it's private for good reason.
    More censorship:rolleyes:
    I can't understand why you're so annoyed about this. It's not that big a deal ffs.
    Well when someone tells you how to run one of your fora after a discussion your weren't involved in, see how you like it.

You still haven't adequately explained why I wasn't involved in the discussion.

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »
    Actually screw this, I'm sick of you undermining me on Politics and I notice that you're always first to respond to soccer complaints.
    I don't think your modding of the soccer forum is relevant at all here. Obviously I have views on it as much as anyone else does but the only issue here as I see it is how you're currently trying to undermine rules on Politics.
    I'd rather have an admin reply to me please, or at least someone who isn't constantly trying to have me removed.
    I don't know where you're getting that idea. I've never made an attempt to have you removed in public. The admins aren't often around at this hour of the night and I'd like to get this settled as soon as possible. It's not that I don't care about your views, it's just that I don't care enough.

I don't think your modding of the soccer forum is relevant at all here. Obviously I have views on it as much as anyone else does but the only issue here as I see it is how you're currently trying to undermine rules on Politics.

Forgive me for actually caring about the rights of the posters.

I tried to raise the issue in the forum I'm supposedly not allowed talk about and I was constantly ignored. And now you say *I'm* trying to undermine politics? I'm the damn mod there!!!
    I don't know where you're getting that idea. I've never made an attempt to have you removed in public.
    What the hell? I knew it. So you don't even have the guts to do it to my face.

Why don't you come out and just do it? You're a sham. I can only hope that as you failed to have me removed, someone smarter has you on some kind of leash.

The admins aren't often around at this hour of the night and I'd like to get this settled as soon as possible. It's not that I don't care about your views, it's just that I don't care enough.

F* You. I'm sick of your constant interference in my modding and your constant overrullings in the politcs mod forum. Just because you're an smod you think your opinions are better than ours? Your just a mod there too.

Now I'll wait for someone with some sort of objectivity if you please. You can go back to plotting my demodding behind closed doors :rolleyes:

More censorship:rolleyes:

Well when someone tells you how to run one of your fora after a discussion your weren't involved in, see how you like it.

You still haven't adequately explained why I wasn't involved in the discussion.
    I'll give you that it was discussed with some of the other mods and not with you but you were informed as soon as the decision was made. We even asked you to be the one to make the announcement in the forum.

I don't think your modding of the soccer forum is relevant at all here. Obviously I have views on it as much as anyone else does

What the hell does this mean anyway? You have NO IDEA what modding soccer is like. Apart from all the sexism and anti-americanism I have to deal with the level of trolling in that forum before I came along caused it to be closed.

I completely revamped that forum and made it the second biggest forum on the site, when you contribute as much as I have to this site, maybe you can come and talk to me.

Why don't you come out and say exactly what you mean and who the "anyone else" is?

Or maybe you can just go back to your smod forum and bitch behind closed doors.

I'll give you that it was discussed with some of the other mods and not with you but you were informed as soon as the decision was made. We even asked you to be the one to make the announcement in the forum.

Oh you're such a thoughtful person. WHY wasn't I involved in a discussion pertaining to my own forum?

And yeah, I noticed I was asked to do it. I'm not sure if it was some kind of tokenism on your part, if you asked me to do it to piss me off or whether you're just as cowardly about posting controversial rules as you are about saying things to my face.

• Advertisement

or whether you're just as cowardly about posting controversial rules as you are about saying things to my face.
    That's low, even for you. Always with the side remarks. It's not like you've actually made much of a contribution to the Politics forum anyway. Let's get real here, it's good to have you around, if only for your time zone, but wtf is with questioning this rule in public anyway. Not very professional now, is it.
    Why don't you come out and say exactly what you mean and who the "anyone else" is?

Or maybe you can just go back to your smod forum and bitch behind closed doors.
    I'm far too professional to call you a bad mod in public.

That's low, even for you. Always with the side remarks. It's not like you've actually made much of a contribution to the Politics forum anyway. Let's get real here, it's good to have you around, if only for your time zone, but wtf is with questioning this rule in public anyway. Not very professional now, is it.

"even for me"??? Seriouslly? F*ck you, at least I'm up front and honest with people and don't stab them in the back like some cowardly asshoe who hides behind his SMOD.

Ehh.. you ignored my private attempts, where did you want me to do it? Mod, Feedback? Yeah.. good idea, so you and your cronies can gang up on me like they usually do.
    I'm far too professional to call you a bad mod in public.

Well you're all powerful, if you think I'm a bad mod, then get rid of me? Oh no you can't, because your smod powers are too busy compensating for yur napoleon complex or small penis problem or whatever else is wrong with you...

Actually to hell with this.

See how boards gets on without me. I want to be removed as mod from all of my fora NOW and sceptre, you're nothing but a pumped up arrogant prick

Actually to hell with this.

See how boards gets on without me. I want to be removed as mod from all of my fora NOW
    Fine, no hassle there from me. Done and dusted but remember that it was your call and you're the one to suffer the consequences. Removed as mod.
    because your smod powers are too busy compensating for yur napoleon complex or small penis problem or whatever else is wrong with you...
    and sceptre, you're nothing but a pumped up arrogant prick

And you can take a site-ban for that.

Nice knowing you, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

And you can take a site-ban for that.

Nice knowing you, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sceptre, that's not on. GY can be irritating in that smug American way, but no personal insult is sufficient cause for a sitewide ban.

And you GY, that sitewide was a long time coming, it probably would have been me if not Sceptre.

I'm disgusted with the carry-on from Smods and senior mods on this thread, especially you Beruthial, what were you thinking?

Vexorg! Vexorg?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ok, I've cleaned up some of the mess you guys left on Politics. Can a Politics mod please sort these out later, I don't want to step on your toes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59641994&postcount=41
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59643372&postcount=44
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59643510&postcount=45

Cheers,
    Trojan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Trojan wrote: »
    I'm disgusted with the carry-on from Smods and senior mods on this thread, especially you Beruthial, what were you thinking?

Well clearly I wasn't....

Given that people are still viewing this thread (view numbers are still going up), now might be a good time to stress that all of this was part of an April Fools to anyone who hasn't realised that:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement