Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granite worktops

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a reasonable site who has Granite worktops.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I got mine from a firm in the midlands (cant rem the name at mo, will look it up later), they were half the price of the dearest, so, is deff worth shopping around. I'd imagine firms in NI will be competive.

If you dont mind bargaining, ask them to supply 30mm for the same price as 20mm, ask them to bullnose the granite for free etc

Be careful with lime juice on grantie, it can mark it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

definitely price around OP - I'm just after ordering my granite and i got loadsa quotes ranging from €3700 to €7000!! Funnily enough the company that came in the cheapest was just up the road from us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Sanderwood Stone in Daingain Co. Offaly were half the price of the dearest quote I got at the time when I purchased about 7 or 8 years ago. I recommended them on the Construction forum and I get a few PM's every year from people who want to double check that the quality was good as they have been quoted so cheap!

Here's the latest one from early last month!
    Hi Do-more,

Just pricing around for granite and I saw your post. I just rang SanderWood and they are 50% cheaper than anyone else were you happy with their work? any problems? would you recommend?

I did have a problem with the worktop as the hole for the sink was cut the wrong size but as soon as they copped it was their mistake they took it back and supplied a complete new piece and apologised for the inconvenience, you can't ask for fairer than that.

One other slight problem that I never went back to them about but proved to be a niggle over the years was the fact that they didn't polish or bevel the joint between the two pieces of granite on our L-shaped top and the join always gathered crumbs and the like, so be sure to specify that you want the joints polished and then you shouldn't go wrong.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Do-more wrote: »
    Sanderwood Stone in Daingain Co. Offaly were half the price of the dearest quote I got at the time when I purchased about 7 or 8 years ago. I recommended them on the Construction forum and I get a few PM's every year from people who want to double check that the quality was good as they have been quoted so cheap!

Here's the latest one from early last month!

I did have a problem with the worktop as the hole for the sink was cut the wrong size but as soon as they copped it was their mistake they took it back and supplied a complete new piece and apologised for the inconvenience, you can't ask for fairer than that.

One other slight problem that I never went back to them about but proved to be a niggle over the years was the fact that they didn't polish or bevel the joint between the two pieces of granite on our L-shaped top and the join always gathered crumbs and the like, so be sure to specify that you want the joints polished and then you shouldn't go wrong.

I will give this place a try as well.

Advertisement