Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot the April Fool Gag

Options
  • 01-04-2009 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

With the amount of sensationalism going around and it might be no harm as a point of reference, we compile sightings of April Fool stories as we spot them? Especially as these might appear some time after April 1st in in the Indo and be quoted in threads as actual fact.

Here's one I spotted:

Electronic tagging for exiles of 'high net worth' proposed

Any more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

With the amount of sensationalism going around and it might be no harm as a point of reference, we compile sightings of April Fool stories as we spot them? Especially as these might appear some time after April 1st in in the Indo and be quoted in threads as actual fact.

Here's one I spotted:

Electronic tagging for exiles of 'high net worth' proposed

Any more?
    TBH, this *whole* April Fools thing is all getting a bit tedious. Although, at the least the Times had the good sense to leave it at 1 lame attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Hobart wrote: »
    TBH, this *whole* April Fools thing is all getting a bit tedious.
    ah, its all in good fun though.

stevoman wrote: »
    ah, its all in good fun though.

Is it? Maybe 1 good attempt ala Dublin Zoo shares etc... is ok. But all this crap? Mods pretending to ban other mods etc....I dunno. I do remember the Eircom "takeover" thing causing a bit of a stir back maybe 2 years ago, now that was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

TBH, this *whole* April Fools thing is all getting a bit tedious. Although, at the least the Times had the good sense to leave it at 1 lame attempt.
    Is it? Maybe 1 good attempt ala Dublin Zoo shares etc... is ok. But all this crap? Mods pretending to ban other mods etc....I dunno. I do remember the Eircom "takeover" thing causing a bit of a stir back maybe 2 years ago, now that was good.

8.44am on April Fools morning and its all too much already???

- You have my sympathies :(

Newstalk had a Surfer dude on around 9.15 this morning - His Grandad emigrated from Ireland and invented surfing in Hawaii it seems.......

Raiser wrote: »
    8.44am on April Fools morning and its all too much already???

- You have my sympathies :(

Newstalk had a Surfer dude on around 9.15 this morning - His Grandad emigrated from Ireland and invented surfing in Hawaii it seems.......

Some of us don't have 9-5's, you know. I've heard that surfer story before actually, might actually be true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thought the tagging thing that was pretty funny, topical

Advertisement