Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paste special as default in Word document?

• 01-04-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to set Microsoft Word to use the 'Paste Special' dialog as the default when you press Ctrl + v?

I'm copying text from various documents to create a work instruction (in Word) and it gets quite annoying as each different document has a different format and I want to paste 'unformatted text' so it keeps the format of my document.

Anyone have any ideas on another workaround if it is not possible to use paste special as the default...

Cheers,
    /T

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

paste into notepad and then copy and paste into word
    this may screw up paragraphs though :(

or paste into an email client like outlook - but only if set to plain text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can (re-)assign Ctrl-V to Paste Special ... via the Tools > Customize... > Commands tab > Keyboard... button. Normal Paste will the become Shift-Ins. Alternatively you can just put a button for it onto any of the tolbars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭TeaServer

Cheers for the replies. Alun, thats is exactly what I was looking for
    Alun wrote:
    You can (re-)assign Ctrl-V to Paste Special ... via the Tools > Customize... > Commands tab > Keyboard... button. Normal Paste will the become Shift-Ins. Alternatively you can just put a button for it onto any of the tolbars.

That is going to save my sanity....

Advertisement