Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party using Government Jet - April Fool?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

I heard that Eamon Ryan has been caught nicely kicking back and living it up on the Government Jet despite John Gormleys insistence that the Green Party do not use it?

Also every time a Green Party idiot does fly using commercial flights the tax payer foots the another bill with an earmarked fund of €500,000 to offset the CO2 emissions.... WHAT? Half a million down the drain for the sake of an eco-morons st-u-pid conscience and empty posturing??? Can't be true....

- Please tell me these are April Fools stories? Or are the Greens counting on us all to be fools all year long :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I'd be interested to know where you heard this.
    Raiser wrote: »
    Also every time a Green Party idiot does fly using commercial flights

And how often is that? I recall when Gormley launched a carbon counter website he mentioned that he'd been on one (return) air trip in the previous year, and that was to get to a conference on climate change. Probably a lot less than other ministers, I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I heard that Eamon Ryan has been caught nicely kicking back and living it up on the Government Jet despite John Gormleys insistence that the Green Party do not use it?

Also every time a Green Party idiot does fly using commercial flights the tax payer foots the another bill with an earmarked fund of €500,000 to offset the CO2 emissions.... WHAT? Half a million down the drain for the sake of an eco-morons st-u-pid conscience and empty posturing??? Can't be true....

- Please tell me these are April Fools stories? Or are the Greens counting on us all to be fools all year long :mad:

I think I read this in the sun yesterday as well so it's likely true if so but as already pointed out just because hes green doesn't mean he should never use it. I mean thats like saying he should never use a car because its not as good for the environment as walking. If they have to use it they have to use it its why we have it there in the first place and if it was only 1 trip then I'd have no problem with that its not like hes jetting somewhere every weekend on it.

I've no pref for any gov party and voted independant last election thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'd like to go on record right now - I don't subscribe to The Suns brand of journalism!!!

- John Gormley and Eamon Ryan did ensure that there was two big títs in the paper I read it in though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I heard that ...

Not saying you're wrong but just so you know - People lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Cliste wrote: »
    Not saying you're wrong but just so you know - People lie.

Eamon Ryan had to admit in the Dail that [by his guidelines] he defiled Mother Earth; and contributed to a massive and utterly needless, hypocritical drain on the Taxpayers few remaining Euro to fly like a VIP - where's the integrity? Where's the moral backbone?

http://www.finegael.ie/news/index.cfm/type/details/nkey/37090/pkey/653/

And while I admit it might sound absolutely incredible to the ordinary man on the street trying to put bread on the table for his kids...... The Greens have set aside €500,000 to spend on planting Tofu Burgers in massive Tofu Burger Plantations all around the World in some daft, overgrown student, posturing exercise in tokenism :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/plan-to-offset-carbon-cost-of-politicians-just-a-stunt-1276393.html

If you are young, dumb and flush with cash you can afford to waste money on stupid, unjustifiable and plain silly luxuries..... So it was with the Green Party; they were a harmless indulgence before the cold realities hit home very hard - now we need to face reality and axe them ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

You're finally backing statements up! Well done - welcome to a discussion,
    Eamon Ryan had to admit in the Dail that [by his guidelines] he defiled Mother Earth; and contributed to a massive and utterly needless, hypocritical drain on the Taxpayers few remaining Euro to fly like a VIP - where's the integrity? Where's the moral backbone?

http://www.finegael.ie/news/index.cfm/type/details/nkey/37090/pkey/653/

Surely if the plane's going there anyway he SHOULD take the government jet?? (Cheaper, and as more people use the jet the more 'efficient' it becomes) Especially since he must travel to these events.
    And while I admit it might sound absolutely incredible to the ordinary man on the street trying to put bread on the table for his kids...... The Greens have set aside €500,000 to spend on planting Tofu Burgers in massive Tofu Burger Plantations all around the World in some daft, overgrown student, posturing exercise in tokenism :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/plan-to-offset-carbon-cost-of-politicians-just-a-stunt-1276393.html

If you are young, dumb and flush with cash you can afford to waste money on stupid, unjustifiable and plain silly luxuries..... So it was with the Green Party; they were a harmless indulgence before the cold realities hit home very hard - now we need to face reality and axe them ASAP.

If you read the article you'd see that it'll cost half that, I'm not a huge fan of Carbon offsetting like this, but I think that there is a strong case for it, and the fact that investment in the environment is worthwhile in the long run.

I worry about your posts - they resemble propaganda far far too much, big words which sound wonderful, but to be honest you are full of shit. Tofu? man on the street? [by his guidelines]? 'young dumb and flush with cash'? You come out with insane statements - even your sig (And previous sig) reeks of someone with a chip that burdocks would be proud of on their shoulder. This is far from the first thread about the Greens you have started, and your rants are not getting much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

john gormely siad no green had used it, turns out ryan had along with other ministers

ryan did no back flip

Advertisement