Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread in soccer

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Any good reason why it was locked?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Probably more suited to a Help Desk thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

gimmick wrote: »
    Any good reason why it was locked?
    They didn't think through the April's fool gag.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not like it has been used much the last couple of months anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It was locked to protect people from the consequences of not thinking through their replies. I don't particularly care for April Fools, so today is just another day for me:
    charter wrote:
    We do not tolerate discussion of moderation, moderation of posts or reportable posts in thread. If you have a problem with the forum rules, PM the mods or start a thread in helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats not a good reason. The "offending" posts could ne removed rather than locking the entire thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thats not a good reason. The "offending" posts could ne removed rather than locking the entire thread.

Feel free to start a new Off Topic thread in its place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Sherifu wrote: »
    They didn't think through the April's fool gag.

This, but also because the last two possible three posts broke the charter.

EDIT: according to its charter this feedback thread is a reason to close it.

Really shooting ourselves in both feet.

I'm puzzled why you are so concerned, of the 6k+ posts on that thread your only contribution was one post today.

I just do not see the reason why it was closed.

April Fools joke gone bad! Which I must admit, was always gonna happen, especially given the attitudes of most people in the Soccer Forum to this.

It was like last year when everyone was made a "mod", people were gonna get uppity when they weren't able to ban someone!!

However, blaming the Soccer Mods and talking about it in the OTT is unfair seeing as it was a joke between one soccer mod and an SMod.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Boards should just close on April fools day. Full of fail.

Just for the record, I was making a joke of the april fools joke, not actually saying anything one way or other about the mod in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just for the record, I was making a joke of the april fools joke, not actually saying anything one way or other about the mod in question.

Ok. How would you characterize the other posts:
    is it safe to come out now.*

*not meant in the homosexual out of the closet way.
    So "guanyin" is gone as a mod eh? Maybe we should all post that on our faceboards profiles :)
    Yep the boards nonklematura mods have got together and put together this ruse, no doubt it sounded funny to them in whatever thread they discussed it in.

Its a shame really, its one April Fools you really wish was true, for the sake of the soccer forum like....
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Hear hear.

?

And for the record, you didn't need to say that as we had no problem with your post. A couple of posts after yours were inadvisable.

I'd rather remove the potential for more people to go down that road than reopen the thread and hope that posters don't walk themselves into trouble.

The thread will remain closed until at least midnight.

Mine was no way personal abuse.

I made a light hearted joke based on my opinion that GuanYin was one of the main reasons the OTT thread died.

If the mods are able to play jokes on each other, and make that joke public to other users. Then I'm sorry but it is always gonna come back to them in some way.

The thread will remain closed until at least midnight.

Is that when this sham of a faceboards joke is over?

If "LL" is refering to the inverted commas, I use them for other users names a bit. Oh the humanity.

Is that when this sham of a faceboards joke is over?

That question is above my pay grade.

As I said above, I don't particularly care for April Fools.

That question is above my pay grade.

As I said above, I don't particularly care for April Fools.

Of course you don't you are a spurs fan. Every day probably feels like April fools to you.

If "LL" is refering to the inverted commas, I use them for other users names a bit. Oh the humanity.
    Eh? I agree your post was ok. However, yours wasn't the only post commenting on GY. Look at them. Get it now?

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh? I agree your post was ok. However, yours wasn't the only post commenting on GY. Look at them. Get it now?
    Did you resign?

Righteo

Of course you don't you are a spurs fan. Every day probably feels like April fools to you.

Banned.

april fool's!

Did you resign?

Demodding pending...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

April fools day on boards is akin to selection boxes on Christmas day as a kid.

The first one or two are great, but by the afternoon you want to puke at the sight of another curly-wurly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat the **** is going on in this place today?!

the OT thread is dead anyway, the people who kept it going have no interest in reviving it, so start a new one if you're offended by its closure.

GY thing better be a joke, she is a good mod & the modding on the SF is at its best recently, getting rid of her would be shooting ourselves in the foot. she's a hard ass, but the SF is full of ****ing clowns so a hard ass is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jesus Al, you big lick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    she's a hard ass, but the SF is full of ****ing clowns so a hard ass is needed.
    Correction: more mods were needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The issue is that some people will twig an April fools joke and decide to play along and fire off some insults (in character) while others who don't get it will fire off genuine abuse thinking people have actually been de-modded.

The big issue is it's difficult to distinguish between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,459 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat the **** is going on in this place today?!

the OT thread is dead anyway, the people who kept it going have no interest in reviving it, so start a new one if you're offended by its closure.

GY thing better be a joke, she is a good mod & the modding on the SF is at its best recently, getting rid of her would be shooting ourselves in the foot. she's a hard ass, but the SF is full of ****ing clowns so a hard ass is needed.
    Best April fool's one ever. They all believe ya.:pac:

Advertisement