Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a fax through a Sim (Meteor, o2)?

• 01-04-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to use a sim card (data enabled) to send a fax through the mobile network?

Would like to use Meteor sim if possible?

tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Is it possible to use a sim card (data enabled) to send a fax through the mobile network?

Would like to use Meteor sim if possible?

tks
    Meteor had a faxmail service that was available to Business users a few years ago, it was as additional voicemail service where you'd have a forwarding number from your voice mailbox to a designated fax number, but that service has been discontinued for over a year.

Vodafone used to also have a similar service, but I am unaware as to the status of their faxmail service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cheers Rsaeire,

Excluding the networks support, could you use the data connection on the sim (99cent a day add on) and send the fax over the data connection...

suppose it just turns into a efax then:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Cheers Rsaeire,

Excluding the networks support, could you use the data connection on the sim (99cent a day add on) and send the fax over the data connection...

suppose it just turns into a efax then:confused:

It would indeed. If you're interested in efax then you should have a look at some of the pay-for-services such as Qipit or eFax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

3 used to issue pay monthly customers with a fax number different than the main number.

Also o2 offer the fax service to your voicemail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Davy wrote: »
    3 used to issue pay monthly customers with a fax number different than the main number.

Also o2 offer the fax service to your voicemail.

just called 3 they still do it, it arrives as message in your inbox (not voicemail on 3) as a .tif

charges are the same as a voice call, 18c/24c , no charge for having the fax number... (just waiting on my new fax number now:))

(still on hold:) )i'm not going to figure this out in the 1 phone call...

Cheers for the tip Davy...

Be back to explain how it all works when i'm up and running...

• Advertisement
Advertisement