Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance

• 01-04-2009 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Just got my insurance quote for the new year fully comp on a 125cc moped in dublin- it is less then my tax for the year. Considering 5 years ago fully comp my insurance was more then the value of the bike so that I could not afford it- I say fair play to the insurance company :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Your insurance is less than €76 EUR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Your insurance is less than €76 EUR?

Yep €59 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

Luckycharm wrote: »

What? ok, 20year old Female here, and I got quoted 1500 for a 50cc moped! ha ha RIDICULOUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

last year it was 425 fully comp for me on a bandit 6. Good job i got fully comp. Some nob jockey robbed it on me two weeks ago. Have ncb protection on it though. Wonder what me insurance on a gsxr 1000 is gonna be like this year ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

:eek:

who are you with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

wtf? are you 90 with 70 years ncb or somethin? mental. they'll be payin you to be insured with them soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Happy days! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

sont suppose you want to divulge some more info?
    who with and your stats?
    age,
    ncb
    etc...

ins has just jumped over the last 2weeks aswell.
    i was getting quotes of 650 for a bandit 600 on a learner permit with no exp what so ever and now the same details give a quote of 800

Mid 30's it is with Axa who I have my car with as well I have 5 yrs NCB on car not sure if that counts and 3 years on bike last year my insurance about €230 fully comp. So I was as shocked as anyone when I got my new quote thinking it must be only 3rd party fire and theft.
    It says Comprehensive on reg xxxx value €2000 quote €59.04 - happy days not rang to renew yet as not till month end so afraid when I ring they will spot some kind of error :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bandit883

seanybiker wrote: »
    last year it was 425 fully comp for me on a bandit 6. Good job i got fully comp. Some nob jockey robbed it on me two weeks ago. Have ncb protection on it though. Wonder what me insurance on a gsxr 1000 is gonna be like this year ha ha.

have u a full licence seanie was thinking bout upgrading myself but only a prov licence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I say fair play to the insurance company :o

Those words will never come out of my cold dead lips, even if i ended up marrying an insurance company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

got a quote the other day from quinn.
    Thinking of getting a bike so put in that i'd just got my provisional.
    came back at €520 TPFT on a 250 Hornet, and that was with no consideration for my car's NCB or driving experience.
    Was well impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I thought tax on a 125 was only E58, has it gone up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

chasm wrote: »
    I thought tax on a 125 was only E58, has it gone up again?

Nope a 125 is definitely still 58 euro, had to pay it about a week ago.

Nope a 125 is definitely still 58 euro, had to pay it about a week ago.

Ok its a euro more then my tax :P

Advertisement